XF 2.0 broken unicode after import, how to fix?

lomik

So I imported from vb 4.5 to xenforo 2., the import is done some weeks ago, and some of the text is broken within the new forum, like apostrophes for example.

Code:
"Now what has happened tonight may have not been right; I’m not justifying that. But no one can deny the fact that there’s problems, racial problems, here in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, that have to be closely, not examined, but rectified. Rectify this immediately. Because if you don’t, this vision of downtown, all of that, you’re one day away. You’re one day away."

old database vbulletin, table vbpost: latin1_swedish_ci
new database table xf_post: utf8mb4_general_ci

If I type apostrophes within my new posts now, they work. The question now is, how I go forward? With "Post Content Find / Replace 2.0.1" ?
Or any other suggestion? Hard for me with regex, but noticed there are some samples in the older thread for xenforo 1, so I may find my way around. Best would be to have a manual for this 20-30 replacements, as they are very common.

Thank You for an answer.

The find/replace tool would likely be quicker unless there are only a few to do manually. I would strongly strongly recommend you test it on a backup copy / clone of your main live site though to be sure you know exactly what it is going to do.

It does look like a database issue as when you edit and save its "fixed" and it has not tried to convert the apostrophe back to its html entity. This is good.

I would (personally at least) use the tool on it if it was mine however I would as above try it on a copy first to check it did not mess anything else up or cause other issues, unlikely but erm "live operations" on the posts table is not a good idea without a backup.

Ok, thank you for an answer, will try this, of course with testing first. Think there was a bug in the converter who is fixed now, but I will survive with this.

Top Bottom