XF 1.3 Primary Registered, then Secondary

Chimpie

I've read that all users should have their primary usergroup as Registered, then their privileges and promotions should be done as a secondary usergroup. Is this correct?

We're testing out XF now and this would require to manually go through all of our 24,000 users to make the changes. Is there an easier way?

I've read that all users should have their primary usergroup as Registered, then their privileges and promotions should be done as a secondary usergroup. Is this correct?

It is not correct in this sense/meaning. Where did you read that btw?

We're testing out XF now and this would require to manually go through all of our 24,000 users to make the changes. Is there an easier way?

The converter will convert all your groups intact from vb. What you can do is set the permissions for those groups accordingly.

Well, in terms of actually changing people, provided you can define the criteria for the changes to make, the batch update users system.

Brainstorming here: Is it possible to mass move all users from one usergroup to another, and then allow the forum to run a task to put them in a secondary group?

For example: We have a group that's called 500 Club, where members who have over 500 posts are moved into that usergroup and are granted additional privileges.

Would it be possible to move all users of the 500 Club (primary) to the Registered group (primary), and then do a promotion where if they have 500 posts, they are placed in the 500 club as a secondary group?

Would it be possible to move all users of the 500 Club (primary) to the Registered group (primary), and then do a promotion where if they have 500 posts, they are placed in the 500 club as a secondary group?
Yes.
Batch update uses and then a user group promotion.

The banned usergroup thing caught me out after migrating from vbulletin. Then I realised, as Mike mentioned, that it's different in xenforo and my banned usergroup was no longer necessary. It's very easy to use the batch user update which is very simple, elegant and powerful.

However the beauty of the system is how versatile it is. You can use the default system of just banning people, or you can have a banned usergroup with permissions set how you want, or both.

Top Bottom