Pricey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorFlint

(This will make me sound cheap... Don't hate me!)

I love XenForo and would love to buy a copy of it but,
A do think it's a little over priced at $150 with no branding removal, and yes i know it needs to pay the developers but is it worth it? My friend gave me a nulled version which I didn't think was fair and didn't use it but $150? Sure it's got some amazing features, but i'd rather pay something like $90 for it.

(Getting ready for the hate...)

But that's just my opinion, and at the moment I won't be able to pay that amount, with paypal anyways.

What's your opinion?
Thanks, and sorry!

(This will make me sound cheap... Don't hate me!)

I love XenForo and would love to buy a copy of it but,
A do think it's a little over priced at $150 with no branding removal, and yes i know it needs to pay the developers but is it worth it? My friend gave me a nulled version which I didn't think was fair and didn't use it but $150? Sure it's got some amazing features, but i'd rather pay something like $90 for it.

(Getting ready for the hate...)

But that's just my opinion, and at the moment I won't be able to pay that amount, with paypal anyways.

What's your opinion?
Thanks, and sorry!
If you think it's overpriced then you don't appreciate the value of software.

If anything it is actually underpriced for what it is.

XenForo follows a different paradigm from other forum community software packages available. It is user-centric and minimal. Whilst it is relatively new, it is certainly extremely promising having seen the plethora of features that will be coming in the near future. The rich architecture allows for modules to interact with the core software at unprecedented levels. Take for example SEO. XenForo has possibly the best method of optimising content by following simple, yet effective guideline standards set by search engines. XenForo is simple and fast to use, and because it uses rapid development techniques and resources, the outcome software is relatively stable. The software feature set may be catching up with the industry, but it is certainly experimenting with ideas based of successive technologies.

XenForo has a major boost from when it began, it's paid staff. The developers have been familiar with the forum software industry for years and on the business side of things, is mentored by one who has been in the software industry. The developers, to an extend, have managed forums and know what is expected of by forum users and administrators.

When you pay $140 for a license, you don't just pay for the software, you also pay for the support and the continued development of the product. You pay for the community to build rich modifications and plugins. In return, you benefit from the wide variety of resources and your forum members benefit from a simple yet astonishing platform. The possibilities are unparalleled.

If you want a free forum software, there are free forum software available.
If you want a premium forum software, then you should pay for the premium software...and you won't find a better forum solution available than XenForo. I've owned all 3 of the big names.

There is a demo available and as such, there is no reason or excuse to run a nulled version.

(Don't hate me!)
It was only asking, if this is what the community here is like then sorry.
Also I didn't say anything about I want it free.

Get better friends.
And if you didn't realise,

My friend gave me a nulled version which I didn't think was fair and didn't use.

You sound like the perfect candidate for free (not stolen) software. There's plenty out there.
I didn't say i wouldn't buy it.

If you think it's overpriced then you don't appreciate the value of software.
I highly appreciate the software.
I love XenForo and would love to buy a copy of it

Thanks for the feedback i guess. :/

Well TBH I can understand, for someone who doesn't make a lot of money from their site, everything is expensive. But knowing what quality you get, I can assure you it is actually relatively cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom