Pricey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorFlint

(This will make me sound cheap... Don't hate me!)

I love XenForo and would love to buy a copy of it but,
A do think it's a little over priced at $150 with no branding removal, and yes i know it needs to pay the developers but is it worth it? My friend gave me a nulled version which I didn't think was fair and didn't use it but $150? Sure it's got some amazing features, but i'd rather pay something like $90 for it.

(Getting ready for the hate...)

But that's just my opinion, and at the moment I won't be able to pay that amount, with paypal anyways.

What's your opinion?
Thanks, and sorry!

No Dutch beer? But yeah, I love jumping on the high speed train to Belgium and having a nice cold beer at an old fashioned famous bar and enjoy the rest of the day talking to people before taking the train back. Bit expensive, but I see it as a cheap little vacation.

Its developed by UK developers (Some from my old neighbourhood, Reading), the current exchange rate puts $140 at about: £89

In Surrey, that gets you about 10 pints of beer (mind you, I do like Hoegaarden)..
I think its worth more than 10 pints of Hoegaarden, not to mention Kier likes Southern Comfort (which is also not cheep)

Xenforo has a look an feel far ahead of their game...It's making almost every other forum type nervous, and there's a good reason for it: It's great forum software.

They develop for performance, they don't bloat, they even go back and look at users suggestions from time to time...

[For what it's worth, I have the following forum types: IPB, MyBB, XenForo, Vb, and I find XF to look and feel the most modern and they keep performance in mind]

It's well worth the few quid in my opinion

Not IPB, they're just heavily inspired by the design and features ;).

..(Getting ready for the hate...)

What's your opinion?
No hate from me, and of course I think xf is better for my needs, vastly better in fact (I also own vb & IPB). That is something that only you can decide for your needs. IPB & vb both have admin demos available.. and there are many non-paid solutions as well. As others recommend I would really think about what fits your needs best.

If there is anything you need, please let us know.

(This will make me sound cheap... Don't hate me!)

I love XenForo and would love to buy a copy of it but,
A do think it's a little over priced at $150 with no branding removal, and yes i know it needs to pay the developers but is it worth it? My friend gave me a nulled version which I didn't think was fair and didn't use it but $150? Sure it's got some amazing features, but i'd rather pay something like $90 for it.

Agree it is pricey for what it is

Think of all them bottle's I could of bought :cautious:

Can you read?
I can read just fine. What I have read is that you feel XenForo isn't worth $140 and would rather set your own idea of what it is worth or else, you might use a nulled version.
You can say you refuse to use it. But fact of the matter is, what you said in your initial post could come across as a tactic to get a discount.
"Lower the price for me, or else, I will use a nulled version".

What I hate is for newbies to come in here trying to put down the greatest forum software currently on the market. How so?
Claiming the product isn't worth $140...instead you would rather pay "$90.00".

I'd rather pay less than $1.00 USD per gallon of gas. I doubt that will ever happen again.

Don't like my comment? Here's a quarter. You can't call anyone with it, but it might make you feel better.

While although I cannot afford it, it is worth every penny of it. The developers have shown their dedication of making it fit their customer's needs and have a great support system. It is constantly growing at a rate far quicker than vBulletin. Pretty soon it'll have what vBulletin has but without the bugs, looking cleaner, and for a cheaper price!

I can read just fine. What I have read is that you feel XenForo isn't worth $140 and would rather set your own idea of what it is worth or else, you might use a nulled version.
You can say you refuse to use it. But fact of the matter is, what you said in your initial post could come across as a tactic to get a discount.
"Lower the price for me, or else, I will use a nulled version".

What I hate is for newbies to come in here trying to put down the greatest forum software currently on the market. How so?
Claiming the product isn't worth $140...instead you would rather pay "$90.00".

I'd rather pay less than $1.00 USD per gallon of gas. I doubt that will ever happen again.

Don't like my comment? Here's a quarter. You can't call anyone with it, but it might make you feel better.
Someone gave him a nulled version and he didn't feel comfortable with using it so came here to ask opinions.

There was never any reason to be rude regarding it.

Well the price of xenforo....hmm

I thought before XF was released, when it was said the price was going to be competitive...I honestly figured it was going to be more than a buck-40.

Also when it comes to ease of use, well xenforo allows you to keep your sanity which I can not say for other software I have tried...and really who can put a price on sanity now a days. 140 is hardly a burden in my opinion.

Also...try making a plugin/addon for another forum software or for wp from scratch...I still can't (am not a coder by profession...who am I kidding...at all.) With Xenforo I have been able to customize anything I can fundamentally conceive ( meaning if I can build it as a standalone html or php page, I can integrate it into xf. ) I still can not do that with almost any other web software package...free or paid.

Before Xenforo came I was in the process of forgetting about learning the web and making webpages. No BS.

This software gave me a reason...personally speaking that is priceless.

@op Just to let you know..running nulled scripts is an easy way to get your server jacked...I would do yourself the favor and dump the nulled script

Someone gave him a nulled version and he didn't feel comfortable with using it so came here to ask opinions.

There was never any reason to be rude regarding it.
I wasn't rude...until he decided to ask me if I can read.
I just came back and let him know I can read just fine.

And yes, I know what he said. Again, you can take what he said anyway you want.
I take it as a tactic to get a discount.

I was surprised when XenForo was actually cheaper than my server cost for a year ^^

I agree with everyone that said 140$ is actually a low price for such a fantastic software! If you can't afford it, it's best to go for a free solution and wait till when you can switch to a premium solution.

Xenforo = 140$
Invision Power Board = $149.99
vbulletin forum 195$ + vbseo 149$ = 344$ (i've included vbseo because vb doesn't provide the basic seo features included by default on xf and ipb).

Now, there are over of 300 addons, the 1.1 version of Xenforo is simply fabolous, and you call it pricey? There are plenty of great free forum software like mybb, phpbb, smf etc.

I rather pay for XenForo that's approaching the market in an innovating way, and where the core engine is engineered. Than a hacked together free solution that's been outdated for years.

To be fair Floris, if the forum is small, with a few dozen users, a free solution is fine. If you're serious about your forum though you'll want a paid solution.

We started off on TForum, which was free at the time. You need to start somewhere and for some people $150 is a lot of money for a site that they may not actually make any money off. There is a place for Free, just don't expect the product to be as a good as a paid solution, especially one like XenForo.

We were on TForum for about 6 months before we moved to vb2.

To be fair Floris, if the forum is small, with a few dozen users, a free solution is fine. If you're serious about your forum though you'll want a paid solution.

We started off on TForum, which was free at the time. You need to start somewhere and for some people $150 is a lot of money for a site that they may not actually make any money off. There is a place for Free, just don't expect the product to be as a good as a paid solution, especially one like XenForo.

We were on TForum for about 6 months before we moved to vb2.

I completely agree. New and small sites that don't expect to be around long will do fine with free solutions.
But if you take your site serious and expect it to be around for 5 years, what's a $140 investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom