Price of licence + brand free???

Status
Not open for further replies.

goxy63

Ok licence is cheaper than your main competitor VB but still bit high if have in mind that Xenforo is new on market....

Brand removal by my opinion is way to expencive, even more than VB, 250$??? Even more than licence itself which is 140$!

Xenforo package with brand removal is 390$

VB suit with brand removal is 455$
VB forums with brand removal is $365:rolleyes:

More or less you are not cheaper as you are new fighting your way through.... do you have product that can stand shoulder to shoulder with VB, no you do not at the time

Is there bunch of modification as it is on vb.org, no there is not, you are new

Even if I do not want to migrate from vb I was thinking of xenforo as an option cause I can see that some of modification there will not be supported...those modifications will be here as far as I know...

Prices to high, c ya maybe "goodbye"

Cheers

You don't have to buy the 'branding removal'. Keep in mind that the 'branding removal' option is for removing the copyright text from the footer:

Screen shot 2010-12-02 at 6.35.35 PM.webp

If you don't buy the 'branding removal' then you can still change everything else including the title image.

TBH, I think the brand-free price should be even higher. My reasoning?

The fewer people who purchase the brand-free removal, the more links there will be in forum footers (if people are honest and leave it there), and the more business XF will get in the way of licenses sold.

So no, it's not too high at all.

I think that it's a fair price. I mean, the developers have already made a name for their selves with VB3. It may not have all the features that VB does, but look at their software. I sure wouldn't pay for it.

Xenforo is built around all the latest web technologies, and there are already a number of plugins for them and that number will most likely grow rapidly once XF is stable.

XF was a very good investment for me personally, and I'd easily recommend it to anyone who wants a good forum software with trustworthy developers.

A bazillion installations throughout the Internet have some sort of copyright at the bottom - mostly credit to the creators. Several products/plugins for vBulletin for instance also have copyright information at the bottom. Some also are very sneaky in adding that copyright notice to get additional traffic to their sites.

$140 is not much. Even the branding removal at $250 is not much. I don't know why you would want to get the branding free option other than just to support the development but then that's just me.

Ok licence is cheaper than your main competitor VB but still bit high if have in mind that Xenforo is new on market....
There must be a reason why you can get VB suite/forum licence for even lower price on the open market these days.
Because many VB owners are selling them after they move to Xenforo.
So you can pick up a VB licence at a hefty discount these days if you want to pick up something cheap.

I think the price is ok.. (voted I dont care ;) )
as to branding removal, I need it for one customer, its a company, they have a special layout and embed the forums into it. in that case its needed. for such a company, they dont care about +- 250, as they have a relatively big IT budget.
On my sites its different, i care about $250, but as its the copyright is tiny, i dont mind having it.

I also dont mind having copyright for an add-on, but what I dont like (I remember I had that in my vb days) is when you have 2 translations, and 10 addons, each having copyrights.. to have a huge footer, with 10 to 12 different copyrights in it. (thats why i usually make donations to addon authors, and when possible agree with them to be able to remove copyright)
it allways worked out fine..

Luc

I voted no...

I think the license is good like it is, and I think the branding removal is good like it is. I think the license is cheap and competitive, and the branding removal is extra cash for xF for those who want a more professional installation. xF company needs to get it's support/money from somewhere. I wouldn't raise the price of the branding removal, because some of us will be buying branding removal for some mod's. All that add's up. Heck, Jaxel will be getting $200 from me before the end of the month.

I think everything is exactly where it should be. I'm perfectly happy with xF, it's community, and it's mod developers.

Hmm,

Well when the product is released they can either continue the hard line pricing. Or they can attempt to drive sales with discounting the product. One will sell more products. Obviously, sales drive sales. The key is going to be discounting the software appropriately to maintain solid margins while driving aggressive sales growth. The increased sales have a long tail effect that will benefit Xenforo for months and years to come.

New Xenforo customers will influence their community, will drive community mod growth and over time increase overall sales in the long term.

Alternatively you can grind and slog the long and hard road of hardline pricing.

I votes yes.. BUT I think it should be cheaper for people buying MULTIPLE licenses, or get a discount for getting branding fee with a purchase of a license.

Otherwise the price is pretty reasonable especially if you compare it with the rest of the market.

Well I agree that Xen now at start needs that support with that link at the bottom, I just dont like ANY brands and if price is reasonable I will pay for it, if its not will not use the product
But that is just me, I dont like bunch of links everywhere....

Reasonable price for brand removal (mu humble opinion) is one which will not be more than licence itself, everything more than this is ripoff
BTW can someone give me an example, which product similar to this have so high brand removal price, if you compare basic licence and...

Xenforo and its owner have right to do so, my opinion is that prices are high in both cases, licence or brand removal

Lets be honest, Xenforo is good on eye, really nice, I love it how it looks .... but can it really match VB at this point, nope!
One more thing, if brand removal would match price of licence itself I will purchase Xenforo
There is no such thing as perfect price, for someone this is cheap, for someone like me its too much, depends where do you live and how do you look at it, do you have profitable forums and...

Lets be honest, Xenforo is good on eye, really nice, I love it how it looks .... but can it really match VB at this point, nope!]
The two products are different.
Granted XenForo is very new and doesn't have a ton of features.
But one works and one doesn't.
If anything, vBulletin should lower their price considering the hack job that it is.
With XenForo, every beta gets beta and beta unlike vB with every update, something else breaks.
I'm holding of updating to v4.1 patch 2 until more people beta test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom