XF 2.0 Prevent silent edit and Clear last edit information

KSA

Is there a way to disable silent edit and clear last edit information for moderators meaning that only Super moderator "Admin" can have that privilege?

There isn't an option over this. The only approach would be template edits to only show it to specific users.

It's worth noting that this just relates to the edit note shown to users -- the history is always logged regardless of this setting.

There isn't an option over this. The only approach would be template edits to only show it to specific users.

It's worth noting that this just relates to the edit note shown to users -- the history is always logged regardless of this setting.

How can I go about setting up for myself only through template edit? also what do mean "the history is always logged regardless of this setting".

Thanks Mike.

The forum can log history that is ok to me I just don't want moderators to see post history of users or to use silent edit and clear last edit information.

There isn't an option to hide post history from moderators. These are all tied to the moderators being able to edit any post, so in terms of the core software, I could only recommend removing that permission from your moderators (allowing them to delete instead).

Beyond that, you'd need template conditionals that fit your needs. Some of the concepts are discussed here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conditional-statements-for-xenforo-2.5795/

I'd like to do the opposite.

I noticed disabling "Edit any post" also disables the Silent Edit and Clear Last Edit Information features.

What if I don't want to let moderators edit posts by others, but still let them silent edit or clear last edit their own posts?

Top Bottom