• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Pressing “Like" button takes too long

Whenever i press "like" on any post. It is taking way too long.

I press "like" and i see this in the corner:
2.PNG

and i start counting.. 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10... 10 seconds

and finally it shows:

Capture.PNG

What would be causing the like button to take this long? Would it be an add-on conflicting with it?

The average is usually between 4 seconds to 10 seconds

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That is typically server or connection related.

If it's just happening to you then it's likely your connection.
If it's happening to everyone then it's probably the server.

It's not exactly 10 seconds. It's always somewhere between 4 to 10 seconds.

It's been happening for months. I just haven't had time to report it.

It must be the server, since i've tried from another computer/internet connection/ even tried from a different city.

From different test accounts and same problem

I tried a different forum on the same server and it doesn't have this problem. (Only the forum that gets more posts per hour has this problem)

Last edited:

I wanted to upgrade one of my forums to the beta.. and i upgraded the wrong forum by mistake.. https://*******.com/attachments/face_palm-gif.6804/

Which came in handy... since they added the feature disable all add-ons.
I disabled all the add-ons. And i pressed like on a post...and boom! it was lightning fast...

So now i'm going to disable 1 by 1 and see which one is causing the like button to be slow.. or maybe it's because i have too many add-ons.. (54 add-ons)

I found the add-on!!

It was Dead Link Management. After i disabled it. The like button is lighting fast even with all the other add-ons active. It was a special version(beta) as i was testing this for the developer. Haven't tried the stable version.

I will report this to the developer.

Capture.PNG

A slow "like" button makes people angry and not want to press "like"

Joey over and out!

the-adventures-of-tintin-2011-movie-poster.png

otto

But I dont think my members would do this by self... and I as admin or my mods has to check every changed link to confirm with the german law and our terms and rules. No thanks, that is a feature I realy dont need. :)