Prefix Forum Listing

Prefix Forum Listing 1.2.5

No permission to download
Hi could you please possibly have a filter for multiple prefixes and not just 1 please?
Both addons work good together.
But would be great if prefix forum listing addon by @Fuhrmann can filter more than 1 prefix like this:
Escenario: like a classified forum.
Example: using multi-prefix addon by @Daniel Hood, a tread contain 4 prefixes.
[New York] [Sell] [Gadgets] [Cellphones]
Now, is possible filter only threads with 1 prefix, so, clicking in [Gadgets] it will show all the threads with that prefix only. but that list include all the result of all the Cities & [Buy] [Sell] [Exchange] (other prefixes)
But the perfect way would be add more than one prefix in the filter. filtering the results accordingly the prefix.
So will be easy find the think that you're looking for. like in the example: [New York][Sell] [Gadgets] [Cellphones] only. The possibility to add more prefixes in the filter
R 2015-04-22 at 13.02.27.webp
That would be really great.

Last edited:
That's the whole point of prefixes. Narrow the results down to a single prefix topic to make it easier to find things for that topic.

It has been done in the above mentioned thread filters, kind of.
Hello ge66, but you've request to Waindigo a custom work right? then now is possible filter with more than 1 prefix?
do you mind share the result? [pm if you want.] appreciate it.

FEATURE REQUEST:
How about an option to have the prefixes in a simple drop down.

I have cases where I have many prefixes and there is too many buttons displayed at the top of my pages. Would prefer to have a simple drop down list of the prefixes.

I don't want to use the current option of limiting the amount of prefixes shown. I need all my prefixes shown but just in a drop down to save room.

Any chance this can be done?

Last edited:
Loving this add-on, but would love to see support for:
  • Mark Prefixes Read; similar to Mark Forums Read, but the ability to mark a single prefix read
  • Default Prefix; allowing the user to set their default prefix filter for any given prefix-based forum
This would take prefix use to the next level, IMO.

Either way, thanks for providing this add-on.

Last edited:
Back to top? This already has a setting to add a reset prefix.

From one of the update descriptions.

- Added an option to show a link before all the prefixes and select the text to show. The link is just a shortcut to clean the thread prefix filter. (thanks @Code Monkey!)

Hello @Fuhrmann.
I could be willing to support with money the option to filter with more than 2 prefixes.
I'm sure there are people who would like to do this also.
What do you think about it?

Same issue. I do everything via the Install & Upgrade add-on, though. If I wanted to do it manually, where would I make the add-on folder?

Everything in the Library folder in the zip will go into the Library folder on your forums. Then manually import the addon-PrefixForumListing.xml file from the top level of the zip. I don't think this addon is setup to use install & upgrade. You may just have to manually import the xml file.

Weird, I tried a manual install into the library folder and still no dice. This is what I'm getting - am I just blind or something? I can't find where to set which forums to show the prefix sorting on.

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom