Prefix Forum Listing

Prefix Forum Listing 1.2.5

No permission to download
Getting a server error this morning between this add-on and Showcase.

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params - library/NFLJ/Showcase/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:264
Generated By: Collapsible Myth, 24 minutes ago
Solution
Check back later.
Stack Trace
#0 /home/myscifio/public_html/thelowerworld.com/library/NFLJ/Showcase/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(264): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined prope...', '/home/myscifio/...', 264, Array)
#1 /home/myscifio/public_html/thelowerworld.com/library/PrefixForumListing/Extend/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(7): NFLJ_Showcase_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#2 /home/myscifio/public_html/thelowerworld.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): PrefixForumListing_Extend_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#3 /home/myscifio/public_html/thelowerworld.com/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/myscifio/public_html/thelowerworld.com/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(62) "http://thelowerworld.com/index.php?forums/role-play-portal.45/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["forums/role-play-portal_45/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Already spoken with Bob to see if on Showcase side of things and mentions that it is the Prefix listing that is causing a bit of an issue.

Is it possible to have the thread prefix listing on the main page beside the forums?

For example :
thread_prefixes.jpg

@Fuhrmann

I can not see this option.

- is there a way to display the Prefixes at the Forum-Homepage ?
- is there a way to display the Prefixes at the Forum-Categories ?

:coffee:

@Fuhrmann

I can not see this option.

- is there a way to display the Prefixes at the Forum-Homepage ?
- is there a way to display the Prefixes at the Forum-Categories ?

:coffee:

Well, I have another addon that does almost what you are asking: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/listprefixes.81/, but is unmaintained.

To reply to your question: it would require a certain work to do, but it is possible yes. Just a little tricky because there is not much room for a lot of prefixes there.

Last edited:
I'm guessing this is a no, but I'm crossing my fingers!

Is there a way to select which prefixes are displayed? In the screen shot it looks like you can only set the number of prefixes shown.

I agree, a Widget Framework add-on to add prefixes to the sidebar would be great!

Yes can be done, but it is not implement, it would require a new page to configure per forum which prefix to show. But why exactly you don't want to show all prefixes?

It would be great if there was a "No prefix" option :)

There is a "X" button on the right side to clear the current prefix and see all threads implemented by XenForo.

Edit: There is also an option "Show 'All' link" in the options of this addon and you can type the text you want to show.

I've run into spacing issues when the counters go past 1000

What problem exactly? Layout problem?

About the filter by multiple prefixes, yes it is possible and I'll see what I can do! I just don't know how to implement the behavior. Will you click on each prefix you want to filter and then click in a button "Filter" to filter the threads? Or will you click in a prefix, it filter the threads, then if you click in another it will keep that prefix and add the new one?

Last edited:
Yes can be done, but it is not implement, it would require a new page to configure per forum which prefix to show. But why exactly you don't want to show all prefixes?

I have different prefixes for different sections throughout the site :)

I'm using this addon and I love it! my users too.
clean, easy, is awesome. Thanks so much Fuhrmann!
foro.io2.webp

Last edited:
Can someone point me in the right direction to correct this issue.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/prefix-forum-listing.26811/#post-322591

I've tried adding padding but no luck in pfl_prefixes_list and listprefixes.css

Thanks

Go to Appearance > Style Properties > Prefix Forum Listing. In the sidebar click on "Prefix Item" and change the margin bottom.

xv6ijZH.png

I'm using this addon and I love it! my users too.
clean, easy, is awesome. Thanks so much Fuhrmann!

Nice style, thanks @rafass!

Nice to know. Thanks @sbj for helping.

is there a chance to also show a "Prefix-Button" for the "Prefix Group" ?

Good idea. Noted!

It's a small thing that I noticed today. If you use the All prefix to reset the view to all prefixes it doesn't use the XenForo tooltip code. Simple edit to template "pfl_prefixes_list".

Find:
PHP:
                <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.pfl_showAllLink} && {$xenOptions.pfl_showAllLink.linktext} != ''">
                    <a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}" class="prefixLink" title="{xen:phrase pfl_all_link_explain}">
                        <span class="prefixAll">{$xenOptions.pfl_showAllLink.linktext}</span>
                    </a>
                </xen:if>

And add the Tooltip class after the prefixLink class.

PHP:
                <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.pfl_showAllLink} && {$xenOptions.pfl_showAllLink.linktext} != ''">
                    <a href="{xen:link forums, $forum}" class="prefixLink Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase pfl_all_link_explain}">
                        <span class="prefixAll">{$xenOptions.pfl_showAllLink.linktext}</span>
                    </a>
                </xen:if>

This will make it the same as all the others. The devil is in the details. :D

Top Bottom