Lack of interest Prefix filter at top of forum

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mr Lucky

I would like to see the possibility to have a list of thread prefixes at the top of a forum, to make easy filtering by prefix.

Often there may be threads with a certain prefix that are not on the first page, so a list at the top to immediately sort via prefix would be very useful.

Also many users are not eve aware that you can sort by prefix, so if there was a box that not only displays all available prefixes for that forum, but also has the handy instruction: "Filter threads by prefix"

Edit: as Mike pointed out, you can actually do this via the Thread Display Options at the bottom of a forum, but I think that is very well hidden. I didn't even know it was there. I'm looking for something newbie proof and obvious as it's such a useful feature it shouldn't be hidden away like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't see this being at all related to ES. As a matter, a form of what you want already exists. You can filter by prefix at the bottom.

I like the add-on above, to a point. In Resource Manager, there is a drop-down menu to select to filter by prefix. But, that is not present in the main forum. I'd rather see it incorporated similarly--I do not want prefixes cluttering the top of our forums, in other words.

Oh jeez, I've never seen that! :D I never open that up, as I'm usually on the moderation warpath and need to look at everything! ;)

I'll post this for members. They are also probably not aware this exists.
Exactly! It's very useful but hidden away so most members will not know about it. Hence my request for something that is obvious, intuitive and user friendly.

It can be done with a simple template edit, duplicating the code from the thread_list template and adding it to the forum_view template (or moving it to the top of the thread_list).

upload_2014-10-27_22-4-53.webp

The layout and styling would be simple to change, using different classes.

It can be done with a simple template edit, duplicating the code from the thread_list template and adding it to the forum_view template (or moving it to the top of the thread_list).

View attachment 87611

The layout and styling would be simple to change, using different classes.

I'm a little shocked someone hasn't made a simple add-on to do this!

What is ES?

So it is, yet extremely well hidden behind Thread Display Options. I didn't even know that was there tucked away. Just goes to show how my suggestion would be very useful.

I wasn't aware of it either, going to look now but surely top would be easier. @Mr Lucky can we make it darker?

Jx

Top Bottom