1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prefix Essentials [Paid] 1.1.0

Additional Prefix Functionality. Font Awesome, Last post prefix, Ignore prefixes & more.

1. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

Prefix Essentials - Additional Prefix Functionality

Read more about this resource...

2. Blast

Blast Active Member

I was looking for this exact addon. Great work Daniel!

Daniel Hood likes this.
  3. Daniel-SP

Daniel-SP Active Member

Daniel Hood likes this.
  4. Daniel Hood

Good find. I think somehow the cache got out of sync. I will have to look into that.

Daniel-SP likes this.
  5. Daniel Hood

I fixed the prefix counts. I just swapped out the zip because nobody but avforums was running it yet and there was no reason to increase the add-on version number.

6. reddy ink

reddy ink Active Member

Is this add-on different from you "Multi-prefixes" add-on? Seem overlap in functionality.
    If we already own multi-prefixes, can we upgrade to this?

7. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

Damn... another add-on I need to buy... :whistle:

Daniel Hood likes this.
  8. Daniel Hood

It's very different. Multi prefixes just allows you to have multiple prefixes, this does a lot more than you can see in the resource description.

There's not really any overlap, though multi prefix does do stuff with prefixes they could not be combined because avforums.com doesn't use multi prefix and has no interest in it therefore we couldn't force it on them. Due to the db schema changes, it's not feasible to disable that part of the add-on. It was better made separate.

No you cannot just upgrade your multi prefix to this add-on because they are very different and don't carry the same features. They are separate products.

Sorry. :p

Freelancer likes this.
  9. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

Daniel-SP and Daniel Hood like this.
  10. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Any chance of adding an option to automatically add the prefix as a tag to the thread when the thread is created/edited? :whistle:

Daniel Hood likes this.
  11. Daniel Hood

That'd be relatively simple, can probably do that in 1.1.0.

Side note (not to cross promote but...), you may want to look at the "Prefix default tags" feature of Tag Essentials. It's not quite what you want because they can be removed (they're added to the box before submission rather than after) but it's a similar feature.

12. cgunes

cgunes Member

Hello, does this addon also adds the functionality of using multiple prefixes ?

13. Daniel Hood

No but I have another add on for that.

cgunes likes this.
  14. Daniel Hood

15. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

16. Daniel Hood

That's simply one feature of it and that add-on was unmaintained when it was built into this add-on.

17. Mr Lucky

Unmaintained? it was updated a couple of days ago.

18. Daniel Hood

And the time before that was 13 months earlier. It was not compatible with 1.5 and even the author of the add on apologized for not taking care of it. It had the unmaintained prefix. Now it's back to being taken care of but the functionality is already in this add on and I don't see any reason to remove it. It is only one of the features of this add on.

19. Mr Lucky

I had no idea, I have been using it on all versions of 1.5 since it was released and it works fine.

20. Daniel Hood

I don't know. The resource was marked unmaintained. It was requested to be placed into this add-on, I did it. That resource is completely irrelevant of this add-on and I'd like to stop talking about it. These add-ons are not the same. That one is one feature of this. This is a much bigger add-on.