Prefix Essentials featuring auto expiring prefixes and prefix filtering

Prefix Essentials featuring auto expiring prefixes and prefix filtering [Paid] 2.5.4

No permission to buy (£25.00)
Ok, it seems there is a cron every minute.
I need to set something for expiry?
I can set a button.

But how can i have:

Change to this prefix => move to forum x

missing one option like: do action, when prefix is changed!

and not to forget, what should happen, if we set two prefixes with move to form x and forum y!

Ok, got it. These functions are nice for things like:

[HOT!] Hey, here is a new sensational offer for you!
Buy beautiful cat pics for half price! Only in the next 24 hours!

And after 24 hours, the thread will be moved to archive, for example.

Ok.

I have explained everything that the addon does in the description. If you have a read of that, you should get a good idea.
I have no plans to separate out functionality.

Is there an option now to avoid using the function of

Ignored Prefixes?​

As written before it is not funny to watch your Preferences, when there are some 1000 prefixes are shown.
It would be nice to say: Allow/dont allow to ignore prefixes.

Is there an option now to avoid using the function of

Ignored Prefixes?​

As written before it is not funny to watch your Preferences, when there are some 1000 prefixes are shown.
It would be nice to say: Allow/dont allow to ignore prefixes.
Not at the moment.
(Because it's absolutely crazy to have that many prefixes. Really, that's not how to use prefixes in Xenforo.)

I have no idea how this could happen (no value clicked), but it it happen somehow. (Can solve it with a click, yes)

firefox_tQdWw9Uzq2.webp

Stuart Wright updated Prefix Essentials featuring auto expiring prefixes and prefix filtering with a new update entry:

New feature - force used of specified prefixes for question type threads

Added an admin option to
  • force the prefix of question type threads to have a specified prefix and
  • force the prefix of solved question type threads to have a specified prefix
/admin.php?options/groups/prefixess/

The idea is that it's easier then for people to find question and solved threads using prefixes.
Note that using this setting overrides prefixes added on thread creation and when a question thread is marked as solved or unsolved.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Some more ideas from daily use:

Some users like the prefix add-on and use it.
Others don't need it, and don't like the wasted space on their mobiles.

1) there could be an icon to collapse the div container above the threads (with cookies? or with user option?)
2) there could be an user option to show or dont show it at all. If no, there is nothing.
3) there could be both for people who need them sometimes, but dont want to see them most of times.

If you ignore a prefix, will it still show up under Similar threads? Using an old version at the moment with that problem.

How about other widgets? Did a small test with a Search forum widget, did show ignored prefix, maybe problems with other widgets too?

Are they core widgets? Because we couldn't control what is displayed in other addon widgets.
I think the Search forum widget is core for the "newish" node Search forum.

The new post widget I think is working as it should. Having template widget_new_post

The search forum widget I think has the template widget_search_forum

I think the Search forum widget is core for the "newish" node Search forum.

The new post widget I think is working as it should. Having template widget_new_post

The search forum widget I think has the template widget_search_forum
To ignore prefixes is potentially difficult to do forum wide. It’s functionality that was in Prefix Essentials when I took it over and not something that I use or consider very useful.
How do you use it?

To ignore prefixes is potentially difficult to do forum wide. It’s functionality that was in Prefix Essentials when I took it over and not something that I use or consider very useful.
How do you use it?
My users sometimes like to ignore some nodes or subjects. I have a blog forum with just one prefix that some are not interested in or find triggering for their mental health.
Being able to ignore it helps.
I have another addon where user also can ignore specific threads, that is nice, but sometimes being able to ignore nodes/topics (prefix) is better.

I and my users are probably fully ok with not fixing this for the search widget, but I would be happy if it was fixed for similar threads.

For me the ignore functionality is probably the most important in this addon. I had solved showing the prefixes at the top in nodes before buying this addon. The new functionality from the last years I haven't tested yet.

My users sometimes like to ignore some nodes or subjects. I have a blog forum with just one prefix that some are not interested in or find triggering for their mental health.
Being able to ignore it helps.
I have another addon where user also can ignore specific threads, that is nice, but sometimes being able to ignore nodes/topics (prefix) is better.

I and my users are probably fully ok with not fixing this for the search widget, but I would be happy if it was fixed for similar threads.

For me the ignore functionality is probably the most important in this addon. I had solved showing the prefixes at the top in nodes before buying this addon. The new functionality from the last years I haven't tested yet.
Ok, I get it. I will enquire with the coder about making this functionality work for Similar threads and the search widget.

Top Bottom