Preferred Date Format

What is your preferred date format and why?

• Total voters
Which is what @Liam W posted he usually does. Isn't that what you were confused about?
I'm confused about Date...

What is "Date"?
IMO it is: 14 April 2015

What is "Day"?
IMO it is : Tuesday

Then
Day Date Month, Year > Tuesday 14 April 2015 April, 2015
That is a really long date.

Always, always, always d/m/yyyy

I honestly have no idea how someone can use a different method, completely illogical.
While this is also the date I use (as I'm in America and we do things rather odd), I must point out that you were the only one to not explain the rational. Jaxel went into great detail explaining the logic behind his method (which goes against his) so to say anything else is "completely illogical" is odd.

Just like it makes no sense to use the Imperial system in the 21st century, either, there's only about 3? countries who still use it, the USA included. ;)
As a US citizen... this bugs the hell out of me lol.

Just like it makes no sense to use the Imperial system in the 21st century, either, there's only about 3? countries who still use it, the USA included. ;)

I'm pretty sure the UK gets the prize for strangeness here, bearing in mind we mix up both metric and imperial.

Ive never understood why we do that...

I'm pretty sure the UK gets the prize for strangeness here, bearing in mind we mix up both metric and imperial.

Ive never understood why we do that...
To be fair, the UK has moved to the metric system in the most part with a few exceptions including driving speeds and distances and beer drinks in pubs

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_Kingdom

Generally the older generation still use imperial measures whilst younger people use metric and the transitional group like me use both.

Cost is the main issue for driving. It'd be way too expensive for the government to replace all road signs with distances in kilometres. As for driving on the left, that's unlikely to change, though it has been discussed by top MPs that if it ever did then there would be a phased introduction, with lorries making the switch on one day and all other vehicles on the following day. ;)

Top Bottom