Preferred browser?

Ati

Hi,

what is the preferred browser for a default xenForo forum?

I'm using the "Fixed Width Style", and noticed that the forum is a lot wider in Firefox than it is in Chrome. It actually looks nicer in Chrome, in general.

When using facebook connect however, the initial "Logging in..." message at the top of the page is nicer in Firefox. (It's interesting that the rest of these top messages look nice in Chrome, it's only the logging in message that is weird.)

I always used to prefer FireFox over any browser, but since using xenForo - I now prefer to use Chrome. FF has gone down hill, even the new reply slide-in effect lags.

mazilla firefox 4.0
wink.png

Personal taste:

Primary: My lovely foxy in version 3.6 :) with all those incredible addons like Adblock Plus, NoScript, Firebug, Fireshot, Web Developer

Secondary: All the other browsers for testing purposes.

All of the major browsers, as stated above.

Yep, I just wanted to clarify that the thread was not originally started to find out individual preferences, although this is valuable information, too, but then we're in the wrong forum. :) (Ie: this no longer seems to be a pre-sales question, but an offtopic one.)

This thread went a bit off-topic, I originally meant something like "which browser does xenForo look/work best in".
Well all browsers render things slightly differently so it really is personal preference.

Chrome supports all of the features and functionality; as does Firefox. Although there are issues related to memory leaks with Firefox, not just with XenForo but in general.

Internet Explorer on the other hand does not support a lot of the advanced CSS techniques used throughout the software so it will look very different compared to most other browsers.

The other major browsers such as Safari, Opera, etc. I really couldn't say as I have never used them.

This thread went a bit off-topic, I originally meant something like "which browser does xenForo look/work best in".
Just to add to what Brogan said, IE8 is far superior in performance to earlier versions of IE with the stock skin.

I recommend going to various customized xf web sites and try various browsers, you may be able to see differences in performance.

I use google chrome which is a wonderful browser, it greately increased me browsing capability and perfomance , the confounding part is chrome seems to load pages at a faster rate than other browsers, i even checked my internet speed using ScanMySpeed.com and there was not much change.regarding fire fox the only advantage it

Top Bottom