Pre-script errors?

blacksurfer

Requirements met
Your server meets all of XenForo's PHP requirements.
However, the following warnings should be noted - you may need to ask your host to address these:
  1. Your server has disabled a core PHP function exec via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
  2. Your server has disabled a core PHP function proc_open via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
  3. Your server has disabled a core PHP function popen via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
I contacted my host, but in the meantime, does the above means I shouldn't buy and install yet?

djbaxter

I would make sure your host will enable those functions first. If you have to move to a new host, you should do that first.

blacksurfer

My host says:

I'm afraid these functions are disabled for security reasons and cannot be enabled on a shared server. You'd need a VPS to use these.

But I think some shared hosts have these enabled, reading thru here knownhost and A2host. Hmmmmmm

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Change hosts.

There's no reason to have any functions disabled, regardless whether it's a shared server or not.

blacksurfer

Change hosts.

There's no reason to have any functions disabled, regardless whether it's a shared server or not.
Hi Brogan, so these functions that are disabled has to be done on the server? They're not individual to the php of the domain?