Pre-Sale questions

Pavle123

Hi there,

Looking for a forum software to work well with my WP site.

I have few questions :

• Is it possible to migrate from bbPress to XenForo?
  • My site is about sports trading cards. People on my site want to swap their cards with others. Is there any plugin where users can leave feedback to each other?
  • Is it possible to create an add-on where users can add chose one or multiple collections, and add card numbers they have/need from that collection, so that forum can show other members who can trade with them?
Thanks. Really looking forward to the replies. So far I am ready to buy this, but need to know if forum is flexible enough for the things I need.

There is no direct BBPress importer, you would first need to import into one of the supported softwares - see the pre-sales FAQ in my signature.

There are several trader/rating resources, as far as I am aware - you can search here: Resources

Any add-on can be created if you have the relevant skill, or can find a developer willing to do so.

Thanks guys. Seeing this many resources and addition makes me almost certain that XenForo is good choice.

Is it hard to install and setup the forum? Is it possible with HostGators Cpanel?

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Few more questions if you do not mind helping me out.

1)Since I use WordPress as my main site/blog. Would you recommend having XenForo as a forum.mysite.com or mysite.com/forum? What is your experience with this? What do you use and recommend?
2)How SEO friendly is XenForo? Can I chose which posts to index for example - index only post with 2000+ words?
3)XenForo is obviously mobile responsive. Do I need an add-on for it or is mobile responsiveness automatically set up?

Thanks. How about the SEO and subdomains?
Would you recommend having XenForo as a forum.mysite.com or mysite.com/forum?
Can I chose which posts to index for example - index only post with 2000+ words?

Where you install it is personal preference.

No, you can't selectively choose which posts are indexed.
If they are accessible to bots and crawlers then they will be indexed.

You might also want to take into account user authentication issues, are users on WP expected to have forum access and vice versa. Also by having a different host address for the forum as compared to the blog will also complicate user authentication

Hi guys,

I just purchased the XenForo, but I am having a bit of trouble with entering my domain. I would like to have a XenForo at forum.mysite.com so do I enter that URL in the license or the mysite.com?

Do not want to mess anything up.

Also how do I connect this account with my purchase?

Thanks, I have done that. I realize it might take up to 10 min to connect those accounts.

However I do not understand this part, I did everything okay, until this step in installation.
  1. In the set of files and directories you just uploaded, you will see 2 folders: data and internal_data.
  2. These two directories must be set to world writeable (CHMOD 0777) or give the IUSR_ Full Control in Windows.
What does this mean? I honestly do not understand a thing. Can anyone show a screen shot or anything, I have no idea how to do these 2 steps.

Sorry, after re-reading I think I understood what has to be done. However I am unable to change it in my HostGator.
Here is a screen shoot.

Do I have to check or uncheck any of these options because the part with numbers cant be changed.

Attachments

• data.webp
    data.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom