Pre-Sale Questions About Some Features

EliteName

Hello guys,

I'd like to buy a XenForo, but before I'll, I need to know if it's possible to make some things/features I need.
This website http://tinyurl.com/l2auzst is using (I think) custom built CMS. It has these features that I need:
  • Homepage with latest things like news, forum posts and popular videos & screenshots (but that's not important, because I like it more on individual pages than in one place)
  • News Portal
  • Users can make custom blogs, post videos (from youtube) and screenshots (gifs; from external hostings)
  • Users can like videos, screenshots, blogs, news, comments etc.
  • Enhanced User Profile with Dashboard, Achievements (for example add 10 videos), Friends and Followers, Forum Posts, Blogs, Comments etc.
  • XP Points (for interacting with forum like commenting on forum, videos, screenshots, getting likes from other users, giving likes etc.) bar which then should let users to set ranks and stuff like color nicknames etc..

And that's pretty much it.

Is it possible to make a website/forum like that with XenForo or is it better to pay someone to make a custom built CMS with these features (which would cost a looot of money.. I know... that's why I'm trying to find alternatives like XenForo with these features) ?

Thanks in advance for your reply and sorry for my English (-:

is it better to pay someone to make a custom built CMS with these features (which would cost a looot of money.. I know... that's why I'm trying to find alternatives like XenForo with these features) ?
What we usually do is use Wordpress as CMS, then a XF-WP bridge and install all necessary plugins with the features our customers want. This decrease the quantity of issues (because the only thing that connect both is the bridge) and avoid many problems that might happen with custom plugins which haven't been tested during long time and users like WP plugins.

For the first and second, I suggest @Brogan's Featured Threads and Portal add-on.
Thanks. I looked at it and it looks good so far :-)

What we usually do is use Wordpress as CMS, then a XF-WP bridge and install all necessary plugins with the features our customers want. This decrease the quantity of issues (because the only thing that connect both is the bridge) and avoid many problems that might happen with custom plugins which haven't been tested during long time and users like WP plugins.
Well I love WordPress and I agree with your last sentence, however I don't want to use two sepparated websites one for blogs and stuff and one for forum stuff, even tho it should be connected through XF-WP bridge. I'd like to have one website and all those features like on the website which I mentioned above (which is using far more features than I've mentioned). I'm just asking if it's possible to have these listed features with XenForo + addons/plugins after I buy it and configure it properly. I don't want to spend money on something that won't meet my requirements.

Top Bottom