Pre-Migration questions.

ScratchMang

So,

Seriously looking at making the switch over to Xenforo after close to 10 years of vBulletin (4.2.2 Patch Level 1). But like others I have a few questions, more about the importing from the Old vBulletin than anything.

So the plan is as follows...

Install a vanilla copy of Xenforo and add to that

Media Gallery
Resource Manager
XenPorta 2
XenAtendo 2

To round out the installation.

So the questions I have would be as follows...

1 - Should I install "Everything" and ensure it is all working BEFORE or AFTER importing the Databases from vBulletin.

2 - Currently attachments are stored in the Database, not on the file system, Anything I should be aware of as far as that goes? Should I move the Attachments to the File system prior to the move to Xenforo? The Databse is currently sitting at 1.42Gig 1.29Gig of that is attachments.

Are there any other "Things" I should be aware of before making the move? Roadblocks or possible hiccups along the way?

Thanks in advance...

Scratch

1 - Should I install "Everything" and ensure it is all working BEFORE or AFTER importing the Databases from vBulletin.
This thread outlines the basic process, to limit the amount of work you have to redo: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/

2 - Currently attachments are stored in the Database, not on the file system, Anything I should be aware of as far as that goes? Should I move the Attachments to the File system prior to the move to Xenforo? The Databse is currently sitting at 1.42Gig 1.29Gig of that is attachments.
It makes no different as far as the importer is concerned - it will import them regardless - so you should just leave them where they are.
Note that XF only stores attachments in the file system.

WTF?

2 Minutes to get a reply from you guys? I must be in some sort of dream land here... :)

Well that pretty much seals the deal for me to migrate over. As sad as I am to see vBulletin go away, as it has been a rock solid platform for the past decade Xenforo seems to offer a lot more of what I, and more importantly my users are looking for.

Thanks again for the, amazingly quick reply...

Scratch

Top Bottom