Lack of interest Pre-installation steps support

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Robust

The main case I have here is license validation, but I'm sure it comes handy in other cases too.

Callbacks seem to scare people. To be fair, callbacks in XF1 were a nightmare anyway. That Zend_Http_Client was awful. There are some cases I'd like to use some though. Something I never did in XF1 (because it was too awkward to do it) was license validation as a use case. Eventually, I planned to link the add-ons to the remote version after validation and be able to send news of add-on updates to the forum and some other features like that.

Could you implement some better steps for cases like this? Perhaps a hook before installation, to prompt the user to answer questions/enter data before the installation can begin? The add-on should be able to stop the installation from continuing.

[moved from https://xf2demo.xenforo.com/threads/pre-installation-steps-support.2181/]

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom