Add-on Posts and Threads to Follow Member Privacy Settings

DRE

I will pay for an extra Privacy settings option that lets members posts be hidden from guests or members you don't follow. This privacy setting would hide their entire posts, avatar, username, message etc from both the thread forum listing, thread display, thread and recent activity. Not only would it hide their post, it would also hide the quoted post as well. For example, this is done with Premium Member's BB Codes

Addons that are sort've similar that I've requested in the past are:

Member card View Permissions

Hide Prefixes From Usergroups.

In Privacy Setting should be an option:

View threads you create:
- All Visitors
- Members Only
- People You Follow Only

View your posts in threads:
- All Visitors
- Members Only
- People You Follow Only

Upon thread creation, a checkbox should be automatically checked on whether that thread should be hidden or not according to what they chose in their privacy settings. By unchecking the box upon thread creation it will not follow these view permissions (aka it will follow All Visitors).

If the user makes their thread private, their entire thread should be hidden according to their permissions.

If the user makes their post private, it should be hidden according to their privacy setting.

Their posts should also include a check box for their privacy setting during quick reply or reply page.

This addon not only increases privacy but also negates the need for a social groups addon.

I was wondering about this the other day lol. But mine was for about the ignored users only though. That most all your stuff would be hidden from ignored persons. I dunno, just kinda sucks at same time, cause if people need this much privacy/keep hidden from everyone but selective few folks, they my as well not be on forums in first place and just keep their friends on instant messengers and chat with them there lol. Forums are for discussion, fellowship, and what-not... If all the stuff is hidden from 99.5% of the forum member base, my as well just delete forum and keep it all in Yahoo Chat/Messenger or AIM messenger lol.

That's not what my forum is for.

Two of my founding members/moderators stopped posting cause they were getting stalked.

They leave because of the lack of privacy options.

I spend lots of time and money on increasing privacy options without having to make the whole site private.

Members should be given a choice. The more comfortable they are, the more they contribute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two of my founding members/moderators stopped posting cause they were getting stalked.

Ah, that explains it then... Yeah, no doubt then for the privacy increase lol. ;) Yeah, especially if you have females on the site too, and they're the ones getting stalked. I think that's why my forum wasn't getting too much female membership gain, because most females get stalked online... and don't feel comfortable, especially on a "fetish" site. Too many guys are fapping to feet shyt, and get too horny, and then start getting to perverted with them... But I do control that shyt on my site though, I haven't had complaints from the females yet and haven't seen anything in PC's or nothing.

Ah, that explains it then... Yeah, no doubt then for the privacy increase lol. ;)
Yeah man I was missing them. It was either make the forum private or just take my losses. But then I thought of this!

Yeah man I was missing them. It was either make the forum private or just take my losses.

Yeah, I feel ya on that. ;) :( I think that's main reason why females are sketchy joining forums/not owned by professional / businesses and such. Cause too many fall victim of stalkers, perverts, and freaks freaking them out... It drives them off, not lures them in to the site/forum. Why not just put it in rules, if found stalking / harassing / etc... They'll be deleted or banned? I did that on my site since I started doing "model access" option for membership. I had it in rules about it, and since I did "model access", haven't had one female complain of being harassed, talked sicko too, nor stalked or whatever lol.

Yeah, I feel ya on that. ;) :( I think that's main reason why females are sketchy joining forums/not owned by professional / businesses and such. Cause too many fall victim of stalkers, perverts, and freaks freaking them out... It drives them off, not lures them in to the site/forum. Why not just put it in rules, if found stalking / harassing / etc... They'll be deleted or banned? I did that on my site since I started doing "model access" option for membership. I had it in rules about it, and since I did "model access", haven't had one female complain of being harassed, talked sicko too, nor stalked or whatever lol.
It's only previously banned members or member's signficant others or exes causing problems. A lot of people have left because of that.

It's an ongoing issue. If it ain't one thing it's another. For instance, this option in AdminCP/Options/Email Options had to be disabled

"Include full message text personal conversation notification emails."

^^^Had to disable that because peeps, snoop through each other's emails and find forum conversations of them flirting with another member.

It's only previously banned members or member's signficant others or exes causing problems. A lot of people have left because of that.

It's an ongoing issue. If it ain't one thing it's another. For instance, this option in AdminCP/Options/Email Options had to be disabled

"Include full message text personal conversation notification emails."

^^^Had to disable that because peeps, snoop through each other's emails and find forum conversations of them flirting with another member.

oh wow, that's bad lol. dang.. >_<. sorry it's that bad on your forums, that sucks.. :(. and to think i was thinking of doing another "battle dome" type forum again, like I had many years ago using phpBB2. that was drama filled/battling with each other 247 lol. that's one thing I didn't miss about it, however, it was booming back then with activity lmao. i've come to realize though, people love drama, it's almost like their life support / blood flowing through their veins (that keeps them alive/human) lol.

Reactions: DRE
So how much money would i have to donate to get this made? I may have to ask a coder and crowdfund this.

I did something similar, though I have not paid the customer :-)
It is not possible to choose a private topic or not, and the rest kind of like you need.
Last update was in July and I'm not sure that everything works as it should, but maybe it will facilitate the solution.

Attachments

I did something similar, though I have not paid the customer :)
It is not possible to choose a private topic or not, and the rest kind of like you need.
Last update was in July and I'm not sure that everything works as it should, but maybe it will facilitate the solution.
Neither of the options block threads from guests, not even in default theme. :unsure:

I did something similar, though I have not paid the customer :)
It is not possible to choose a private topic or not, and the rest kind of like you need. Last update was in July and I'm not sure that everything works as it should, but maybe it will facilitate the solution.

Neither of the options block threads from guests, not even in default theme. :unsure:

Well, that is awesome but however getting the error after install; http://xenforo.com/community/threads/server-error-log.57983/

I need this addon working before opening my public forums again.

This is now a paid request. $30

Top Bottom