Add-on Posts and Threads to Follow Member Privacy Settings

I test on XF 1.2.3 and:
/account/privacy
There is a block select the visibility of messages only for registered users.
Also i change some code.
I tested it out.

When thread view privacy is set, it saves it.

However, I am unable to change the thread view privacy back to All Visitors or Members Only.

When post view privacy is set, there is no change. Post view privacy does nothing.

This was tested out on the default skin and there were no server errors.

Very strange.
It works on my forum.
I'll see more, can collide with something somewhere.
In any case, this addon is not supported, but may be useful for the implementation of the request.

Very strange.
It works on my forum.
I'll see more, can collide with something somewhere.
In any case, this addon is not supported, but may be useful for the implementation of the request.
I disabled every addon except for Advanced Privacy, used only the default skin and it did not help.

Alright so I tried it again and this time I set both settings to "Members Only" and for some reason thread privacy didn't work.

Post privacy only worked on some posts. It applied on most posts but then skipped some random posts.

I tried setting it back to "All Visitors" but there was no change.

Are you a coder or developer that's offering to do it for $50? Or are you saying that it should be done for $50? If so, chip in $20 to make it $50 so we can get it done together.

Of course I tried it and developed but getting that error. I don't suggest it with any phrase. Honestly, I've made it only for user names. If users select for "only members", then guests can't see his/her username on posts/threads etc. Messages should be always visible or hidden but no with phrase. Because if messages hidden with phrase, then it would be very bad for SEO.. And don't forget it we will getting the error for Pagenav issue (#post-id's) so if messages hidden with phrase.

I will raise my donation amount from $30 to a higher price when I'm ready.

Got a load of stuff on my plate at the moment.

Has this been further developed. I'm looking at more privacy features for my more senior members who don't want their threads bombarded by noob replies. Something like this which would allow them to prevent a particular usergroup from posting replies to their threads would be perfect.

I temporarily moved my community to a secret facebook group. When I have the time to maintain a community software I'll be back.

Not so secret now you've told us :D
lol it still is, like no link works to it. and it's sorta an experiment. I've gotten more of my fb friends to join the group than I was able to join my forum. So I dunno if it's cause they were too lazy to create an account and join the forum or because they didn't wanna join cause my site was half public. Can't figure out people sometimes.

Top Bottom