Posting Forum news on PHP page

kbarg

Can anyone, anyone show me what I need to do to pull, "date, author, title, avatar, and message body" from my news forum posts and post them on my non-cms website.

I do not use wordpress, and everything on my site is coded by hand. I would prefer to keep it that way. I know there will need to be some database manipulation, can someone give me a good starting ground, I want to theme it to coincide with my predetermined news format to fit in the <divs> my website has for my news.

I read about a hack to copy from Xenforo to Wordpress to a website, but that is entirely too many steps. Please help me resolve my issue

I will pay someone $50 to help me get 5 posts, from my predetermined Forum, to appear on my website as my news, and just have it update to the five most recent posts.

I will pay someone $50 to help me get 5 posts, from my predetermined Forum, to appear on my website as my news, and just have it update to the five most recent posts.
Have you tried XenPorta2 ?

Sounds perfect for you.

EDIT .... oops.
Wont work for you.
Lemme think..

An RSS reader might work for you.
Just get it to accept the RSS feed from the subforum and it will keep itself up to date.

I am working with AndyB, we will see what we get done.....

I know this sounds complex what I am trying to do, maybe....its probably because I am lousy at explaining.

I have two sites, on the same server. The server is CentOS 6.9, with CPanel, which uses, 10.0.31-MariaDB and PHP 7.0.

So the main page of the site, is at /home/directory1
The forums are located at, /home/directory2

Since I am using CPanel most people do not have permissions to view other /home directories. BUT Anyone on the server can use the SQL databases aslong as they have the username and password.

I have a 'Forum' on my forums, that is strictly for 'Website News', Anything that I post in there, I want to have the main website parse it to the website, and use my predetermined css and <divs> to make it match up with my website,

So:
Title
Author
Date and Time
Message Body

No need for a comments or reply button, or even any hyperlinks for that matter.

I had my own news posting software that we coded for the site, back in the PHP5.4 days, that allowed mysqli stuff, but now all of that crap is depreciated and with my PHP7.0 my old news poster doesn't work.

I refuse to use WordPress, Joomla, PHPNuke or any of the other CMSs, I prefer to maintain what I have by hand and not rely on an extra databases. I know it is silly, but I would rather do full website backups of 1000 pages, then 1 database that could be corrupted, or lost. That is what happened to my site years ago.

Top Bottom