posting/editing in HTML?

Staxed

While I'm at work, my computer blocks javascript and tons of other stuff. Which means while at work, I can't use the search function on this site (not sure why, works on every other site).

but, also...when I post new posts/threads...I have to use html in order to get spaces/etc. And if I quote someone, or edit my post...it shows up in html...

I haven't noticed if it does this on my installs i've been messing with because I'm still messing around with the backend and haven't done any posting. (and sadly can't check right now from work).

Is this a feature of xenforo, or is it just because of javascript/etc being blocked on my work computer. And if that is the case, isn't allowing html insertion directly into posts a pretty big security risk?

It is not possible to use HTML in posts, only BB Code.
What I think you are seeing is a bug related to the TinyMCE editor which is showing some markup (this has previously been reported).

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when you quote a post?

HTML is not available in posts, what I think you are seeing is a bug related to the TinyMCE editor which is showing some markup.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when you quote a post?

Sadly I can't even upload attachments here (can do it on other forums not using xenforo though from work...interesting). I could possibly email it to you, unless there is a direct link to posting an image in a thread, as the upload button isn't showing up for me (or I can just wait till I get home from work in a few hours). or is there an equivalent to a noparse bbcode? could just use that if so.
It's just showing things like
tags,
], & quot;, etc

[quote="Brogan, post: 207606"]It is not possible to use HTML in posts, only BB Code.
What I think you are seeing is a bug related to the TinyMCE editor which is showing some markup (this has previously been reported).

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when you quote a post?[/quote]

that's what it's doing.

That's just the BB Code, as I suspected.

It must be related to everything being blocked on your works computer, although I wouldn't have expected it to do that.

Try switching to the plain text editor and see if that makes a difference.

Yes, that's the same TinyMCE bug I've seen previously.

Try the plain text editor - click the A in the upper right hand corner of the editor toolbar.

Yes, that's the same TinyMCE bug I've seen previously.

Try the plain text editor - click the A in the upper right hand corner of the editor toolbar.

dont' see any A to select (which isn't a suprise, lots of weird things are randomly blocked on this damn computer, lol). As long as it's something that's already known about and isn't a security issue I'm not concerned, just thought I'd ask about it :)

Top Bottom