As designed Post # won't work when forum overlay disabled

Is this normal when the forum has overlays disabled. We are unable to click on the post#

Capture.webp

With overlays enabled you get this

link.webp

But when overlay is disabled. Nothing happens when you click on it.

Is it a bug?

It works, but rather than bringing up an overlay (which, obviously, it can't with overlays disabled), it scrolls you to that post.

My understanding is the reason we click on any post# is to get the link. So we can paste it anywhere.

With overlays disabled. We are unable to get the link. (unless you right click copy link)

So i was excepting for it to open a separate page with the link so anyone can copy and paste it.

I'm still not exactly sure what it is you're reporting.

As mentioned, when overlays are disabled, it will simply scroll you to said post (if you're not already scrolled to it).

Ok let me write it again..

Is this normal when the forum has overlays disabled, it will simply scroll you to said post (if you're not already scrolled to it).

capture-png.112259

With overlays enabled you get this

But when overlay is disabled. It will simply scroll you to said post (if you're not already scrolled to it).

Is it a bug? How are members supposed to get the link. Shouldn't a separate page open up with all those options you normally get in overlay.

Yes i know that. But most people don't know how to do this. It would be better if a separate page came up.

Which is why i think it is a bug, or whether it was designed this way.

It's designed this way. It still has a purpose even without the overlay and if it navigated you away from the thread to another page that would likely be counterintuitive.

Well you could force it to open in a new window or force the overlay to open.

ive seen this happen before as i have overlays disabled and never had a problem.

I think getting the link is important. I will make a suggestion about this

Last edited:
Top Bottom