1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post 'Templates'

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by hally, Jun 18, 2012.

1. hally

hally Member

Maybe I am having trouble finding this out because I am using the word template!

Basically, on our forum we have a rule where 'for sale' threads have to have following info;

Item Condition:
    Reason for selling:
    Price and price conditions:
    Extra Info:

And was wondering if, in that particular forum, I could prepopulate the editor with the above in all new threads.

Not sure if there is a way or it would be an addon but any help would be appreciated!

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

This wouldn't prefill the editor but you may find this useful:

I personally used something like it back on vB and plan to purchase this one soon
    hally likes this.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This actually requires an addon to do it properly. A template edit is not sufficient because you don't have access to the node_id or name of the page to be able to limit the default message to a specific forum for new threads only. You can post a request:

hally likes this.
  4. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

This has been in my queue of things to make for my community for a while now - might see a release eventually
  5. hally

hally Member

Thanks for the replies, i'll keep an eye out on the resource manager.
  6. ragtek

ragtek Guest