Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

How do i convert the positive ratings in likes ??

The only situation where I would recommend following these steps is if you are permanently uninstalling Post Ratings.

To convert positive ratings (or any ratings of your choice) into XF likes:
  1. Take a database backup as these changes are irreversible
  2. Pick a rating to convert in Options > Post Ratings > Like Rating
  3. Run Applications > Recount Ratings
  4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 for all other ratings to convert

I haven't tested - is a member able to rate posts in a thread they've been reply banned in? If so, can this be addressed in the next version? It wouldn't do for someone to go on a rating spree in a thread they've been excluded from.

Unfortunately there is not much that can be done about that. You could try the steps to 'convert like format' in the first post of this thread, but I would recommend against it. It's also not really possible for either this addon or tapatalk to implement a proper workaround without one hooking into the other, and that's something I'd like to avoid
Giving two ratings is also possible by rating it with Post Ratings (something except for like) and using XenForo's like "easter egg" (https://xenforo.com/community/posts/831739/like)

@Luke Foreman Hello, have a problem with self created sprite. It isn't displaying. And further, when I changed sprite back again it isn't displaying too.
Example:

Attachments

• example_sprite.webp
    example_sprite.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 13
@Luke Foreman Hello, have a problem with self created sprite. It isn't displaying. And further, when I changed sprite back again it isn't displaying too.
Example:
If all your sprite settings are correct in the admin panel (/admin.php?postrating/list), ensure that your cache isn't loading the old image.
So, clear your cache and check the sprite locations if you can't get it to work.

Just my two cents.

Hello. I have some pre-sales questions:

1. I know you are able to vote on individual posts. But are you able "Like/Dislike" Threads?

2. Is this compatible with Chris D's XenMediaGallery?

3. Are you able to view who "liked/disliked" your posts? and if so. Can you disable it so members will never know who "liked/disliked" their posts.

4. Can you turn off the feature of how many "likes/dislikes" you've given. So all the "likes/dislikes" on the forum will be a mystery of who gave them.

5. Are members able to "like/dislike" posts multiple times?

6. Is the "like/dislike" system also included within the "likes" of the profile posts?

If you answered No to any of them. My next question is:

If not, are you planning to implement this in the future?

Thanks

Hello. I have some pre-sales questions:

1. I know you are able to vote on individual posts. But are you able "Like/Dislike" Threads?

2. Is this compatible with Chris D's XenMediaGallery?

3. Are you able to view who "liked/disliked" your posts? and if so. Can you disable it so members will never know who "liked/disliked" their posts.

4. Can you turn off the feature of how many "likes/dislikes" you've given. So all the "likes/dislikes" on the forum will be a mystery of who gave them.

5. Are members able to "like/dislike" posts multiple times?

6. Is the "like/dislike" system also included within the "likes" of the profile posts?

If you answered No to any of them. My next question is:

If not, are you planning to implement this in the future?

Thanks

1. If you like/dislike the first post of the thread. (if that counts for you)
2. It isn't integrated with it (you can't rate media), but both add ons would function properly at the same time.
3. That's configurable on a per usergroup basis. With the view ratings list permission:
05flD8Q.png

4. Depends on the location of it. It could either be disabled via style properties or hidden with CSS or template edits.
5. No
6. No, profile posts can only be liked.

Hello!

I never received any email for 1.6.6. How do I get hold of it? I did receive the 1.6.5 one.

Appreciate any answer!

Thank you!

Hello @Luke Foreman just a basic question. There's a way to disable your addon if someone is browsing the forum in mobile? I'm using 1.3 by now.

Thanks!

It would only be possible to hide it using CSS, not restore the standard XF like system. XF is not aware of mobile browsers at the PHP level

Hello!

I never received any email for 1.6.6. How do I get hold of it? I did receive the 1.6.5 one.

Appreciate any answer!

Thank you!

PM me your Paypal email and I'll resend the latest version

If you can kindly send me the necessary code I'll try. I'm asking this since many of our members mistakenly press some negative ratings using the phone so I'd like to hide it...

Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
  .dark_postrating { display: none; }
}

We purchased this add-on today and I'm playing around with it on a pretty basic/default install. Is there a way to let guests rate posts or do they have to be a registered member? I do have the unregistered/unconfirmed permissions set to allow "[Post Ratings] Rate posts". Not sure if I've missed something or this isn't allowed.

Thank you.

Bug report at my forum. 1.6.5

MuLGGHH.png

Post has 1 informative rating, but states 6. Same for all posts and every rating other than like.

Top Bottom