Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Currently there's no built in functionality for this, but you could semi-prevent negative ratings on certain usergroups by template edits

And noted the feature request :)
Could I +1 the request for staff not to be given -ve rep please (by usergroup) ?

Just a heads up, when I click purchase it takes me to a website. BitDefender instantly blocks me from visiting the site.

BitDefender said:
Bitdefender blocked this page
This page is blocked by Bitdefender Antimalware filter.

I'd like to try this on a forum for a couple of weeks and see how it goes. Let's say we don't like it and we uninstall it, are all the positive ratings turned into likes or are they lost once the add-on is uninstalled. Thanks

I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier, but several of my members are asking if it would be possible to 'hide' the ratings (everyone except 'Like') in a drop-down menu on touch screens/mobile phones. There has been quite a lot of wrong ratings given, because they are too close to each other on small screens.

Is it possible to move default likes from one rating to another, and transfer across any current post likes too?

Eg. PR (Post Rating) = Like (Positive), and XF Like = PR Like. I want to change XF Like = PR LikeNew, and then transfer all PR Likes to PR LikeNew.
Happy to do an SQL to transfer PR Like's to PR LikeNew's.

And an alternative way of displaying total ratings received on postbit (via style property):

So i have a question, would you be open to make more ways to display the user rating in the postbit. Like a stripe bar or meter bars. Like other ways than the 2 that i saw.

Code:
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'group_whitelist' doesn't have a default value

[LIST=1]
[*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
[*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 153
[*]Dark_PostRating_Install->_installVersion1() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 63
[*]Dark_PostRating_Install::install()
[*]call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
[*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
[*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
[*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]
Hi Luke, any way to fix this? I removed the addon the decided to reinstall it.

Hello
How and where do you change the info counts in the user postbits?
Right now it is only showing media totals. I would like to show 3 things - posts , likes and trophy points

thanks

Code:
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'group_whitelist' doesn't have a default value

[LIST=1]
[*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
[*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 153
[*]Dark_PostRating_Install->_installVersion1() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 63
[*]Dark_PostRating_Install::install()
[*]call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
[*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
[*]XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
[*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]
Hi Luke, any way to fix this? I removed the addon the decided to reinstall it.

Drop all the dark_postrating* tables before re-installing. If you would like to keep the data in them, back them up first then restore the backup after installing

Hello
How and where do you change the info counts in the user postbits?
Right now it is only showing media totals. I would like to show 3 things - posts , likes and trophy points

thanks

The settings for that can be found in Style Properties > Message Elements

Bought this addon, and am struggling to understand how to setup.. Its installed fine, am using the DXF template.. its similar to the Default. Am I needing to do something to the template code mentioned in the first post to get this like system to show?

The install mentions to set the permissions..
Configure the permissions (see bottom of category 'Forum Permissions') for your user groups.

I am not finding this area you mention.,,

Sorry.. As per usual with me.. as soon as I post something I need help with, I figure it out :whistle:

Works perfectly ! Love it, thanks!

Hello,
I've an issue with user grop promotions. I'm using Post Ratings positive rating as a criteria. Criterias for user is set to at least 80 messages and at least 50 positive post ratings. But it doesn't work. I also have to mention that I had some errors from PR recently:
Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'dark_postrating_1_count' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Thanks for help.

I would like all positive post ratings to count as like ratings. Is that possible

It seems you can only choose one "Like rating" from the dropdown in options.

I disabled it when I upgraded to 1.4 and very recently reinstalled bringing the add on to 1.6.6. Now it seems to work but on the member count it still says "likes" not rating and I can't figure out where to put the green bar option for ratings.

Hmmm... it has something to do with the UI.X style that is hiding it because when I go back to default XenForo style it is there...

What am I missing?

Back
Top Bottom