Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Hi,

I have a small problem. It happens when enabling both the integrated Like system (whatever XF has in its core) and post ratings (this add-on). When a user gives a post rating and then tries to Like the same post, after he/she refreshes the page, the Like (in the integrated system of XF) disappears, but the post rating stays. Is there a way to go around it?

Hi,

I have a small problem It happens when enabling both the integrated Like system (whatever XF has in its core) and post ratings (this add-on). When a user gives a post rating and then tries to Like the same post, after he/she refreshes the page, the Like (in the integrated system of XF) disappears, but the post rating stays. Is there a way to go around it?

Having the same issue too and it's no so much as a small problem, but that it doesn't function as expected :(.. Or they change rating, they lose like, or add rating later, they lose the like.

I've tried setting up in various ways ;

Options%20%20Post%20Ratings.png

Having the same issue too and it's no so much as a small problem, but that it doesn't function as expected :(.. Or they change rating, they lose like, or add rating later, they lose the like.

I've tried setting up in various ways ;

Options%20%20Post%20Ratings.png

Actually to be honest the options for this should have been removed, they were only useful in the very early 1.0.x versions.

Keeping the xenforo like bar+link fully disabled and using the Like rating in its place is recommended.

Actually to be honest the options for this should have been removed, they were only useful in the very early 1.0.x versions.

Keeping the xenforo like bar+link fully disabled and using the Like rating in its place is recommended.

Can you update the overview as it states you can use both and shows a screenie of both
upload_2013-6-13_21-28-45.webp

Disappointed as i need the stock like function + additional like information . Ideal would be to allow all positive = like.

Hi,

Could you please let me know more about the run of queries? I'm worried about the performance due I've a very busy forum and I'm planning to let only the "thanks" and "Like" buttons and disable the default xenforo like button

Thank you

When i install it :

Server Error
unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 51 of 58 bytes

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. unserialize() in Dark/PostRating/Model.php at line 41
  3. Dark_PostRating_Model->getRatings() in Dark/PostRating/DataWriter.php at line 84
  4. Dark_PostRating_DataWriter->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 221
  6. Dark_PostRating_Install->_installVersion17() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 63
  7. Dark_PostRating_Install::install()
  8. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  10. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  11. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  12. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /homez.713/planetap/www/admin.php at line 13

Yes, I was thinking you can use both too, and I don't understand why this was disabled.

While both UIs can be displayed, each post can only receive one rating, be it a xenforo like or a Post Ratings rating.

Hi,

Could you please let me know more about the run of queries? I'm worried about the performance due I've a very busy forum and I'm planning to let only the "thanks" and "Like" buttons and disable the default xenforo like button

Thank you

It's all very tightly optimised with proper attention paid to keys etc. and has been tested against millions of ratings and under high load. Having less ratings than default, as you are planning to, will help performance also.

When i install it :

Server Error
unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 51 of 58 bytes

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. unserialize() in Dark/PostRating/Model.php at line 41
  3. Dark_PostRating_Model->getRatings() in Dark/PostRating/DataWriter.php at line 84
  4. Dark_PostRating_DataWriter->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 221
  6. Dark_PostRating_Install->_installVersion17() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 63
  7. Dark_PostRating_Install::install()
  8. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  10. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  11. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  12. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /homez.713/planetap/www/admin.php at line 13

Sorry for the slow reply. I assume this is a fresh install? If so, please try the following:

- Uninstall if it is listed in your addons list in the ACP
- Drop all dark_postrating* database tables using phpmyadmin
- Re-upload all files
- Attempt to install again

If the issue occurs again, please PM me your email address used for payment and I will resend the files to you in case they are corrupted.

While both UIs can be displayed, each post can only receive one rating, be it a xenforo like or a Post Ratings rating.

It's all very tightly optimised with proper attention paid to keys etc. and has been tested against millions of ratings and under high load. Having less ratings than default, as you are planning to, will help performance also.

Sorry for the slow reply. I assume this is a fresh install? If so, please try the following:

- Uninstall if it is listed in your addons list in the ACP
- Drop all dark_postrating* database tables using phpmyadmin
- Re-upload all files
- Attempt to install again

If the issue occurs again, please PM me your email address used for payment and I will resend the files to you in case they are corrupted.

Work fine now.

If anyone got the same problem, run the following query and reinstall.

PHP:
DROP TABLE `dark_postrating`, `dark_postrating_count`, `dark_postrating_ratings`;

It might be on your todo list already, but just wondering if we can expect to see an option to replace the most likes received with most positive ratings received on the notable members page (since there are options to replace a lot of likes received instances). :)

If I uninstall this addon, do I need to run a query to move all the positive ratings into Likes or is it done automatically?
I uninstalled this addon many times and each time the table stay in the database.

So run the following query :
PHP:
DROP TABLE `dark_postrating`, `dark_postrating_count`, `dark_postrating_ratings`;

Top Bottom