Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

If I uninstall this addon, do I need to run a query to move all the positive ratings into Likes or is it done automatically?

Pick each relevant positive rating in turn as the 'Like' rating in the options, running the 'Recount' function after each.

Be sure to take a backup though, as I've not tested this process.

I uninstalled this addon many times and each time the table stay in the database.

So run the following query :
PHP:
DROP TABLE `dark_postrating`, `dark_postrating_count`, `dark_postrating_ratings`;

This is done intentionally to avoid losing user-generated data and to better facilitate people that want to convert the data into another format. Many other addons by other authors follow the same standard.

A question about this great addon. Moving from vBulletin 3.8, we currently have lots (1.5 million) Thanks in the Post Thank you addon for vBulletin, but no Likes. I want to create both Thanks and Like buttons and import the Thanks from vBulletin into the thank button here. Jake will probably work this into our main import. What tables need to be updated when importing thanks from vBulletin?

Also your instructions suggest using the template modification system. Will you be creating an update for 1.2?

Last edited:
Yes I think the sentiment of the two are quite different. I would thank someone for posting information about a disaster. I wouldn't like it.

How many disasters do you have a year? I think Thanks and Likes are the same and can get in conflict with each other or maybe even confuse users.

You could import it as like and then rename all phrases with thanks instead of like. So you would have the exactly same situation as you had before with vb.

A question about this great addon. Moving from vBulletin 3.8, we currently have lots (1.5 million) Thanks in the Post Thank you addon for vBulletin, but no Likes. I want to create both Thanks and Like buttons and import the Thanks from vBulletin into the thank button here. Jake will probably work this into our main import. What tables need to be updated when importing thanks from vBulletin?

Also your instructions suggest using the template modification system. Will you be creating an update for 1.2?

It will be very easy to import from that addon, just needs a simple query to transfer the entries into the dark_postrating table (via xf_import_log if applicable). There's no totals or caches that would necessitate using a datawriter or any php code, it can be done with a mysql query directly.

Pretty sure I've written a template for this query somewhere before (definitely did one for the DBTech thanks mod), but if you've got Jake handling things it is literally a 5 minute job.

And yes I am currently awaiting 1.2 beta 2 before I come up with a final solution for template edits going forward - ideally I would like to simultaneously support TMS on <1.2 and the built in template modifications on 1.2+.

And yes I am currently awaiting 1.2 beta 2 before I come up with a final solution for template edits going forward - ideally I would like to simultaneously support TMS on <1.2 and the built in template modifications on 1.2+.

Good to hear Luke. I think this is the only (of the bigger add-ons) I'm waiting to install on 1.2 and since I won't be using the TMS add-on it'll be a welcome sight to see this 1.2 compatible. :) Hopefully 1.2 beta 2 isn't far from a release.

Trying to install on a clean xf 1.2 beta1 and get the following error almost immediately after clicking install:

Error
  • Please enter a valid value.
  • Please enter a valid title.
  • Please enter a modification key.
  • Please enter search text.
Any ideas?

TMS isn't an absolute requirement for this add-on though. It's not clear if it should or shouldn't at least install - others have reported it does work on beta1.

Anything that uses TMS can't be clean installed on beta 1 (regardless of TMS being installed/used on your forum) as there was a conflict in the choice of XML tag name. I believe both parties are changing their tags for beta 2, but unfortunately there's not a lot more I can do at this stage.

Reactions: RDR
TMS isn't an absolute requirement for this add-on though. It's not clear if it should or shouldn't at least install - others have reported it does work on beta1.

Anything that uses TMS can't be clean installed on beta 1 (regardless of TMS being installed/used on your forum) as there was a conflict in the choice of XML tag name. I believe both parties are changing their tags for beta 2, but unfortunately there's not a lot more I can do at this stage.

Users, please test new version from github
It should be compatible with both 1.1 and 1.2.

Top Bottom