Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

So what's the turn around on getting this after paying? Sorry for the ignorance but I'm new to Xen culture. I just assumed the link would appear here after paying.

So what's the turn around on getting this after paying? Sorry for the ignorance but I'm new to Xen culture. I just assumed the link would appear here after paying.
From add-on overview:
The addon zip file and all future updates will be delivered automatically via email immediately after payment.
Please ensure you can receive email to your PayPal registered email address; private message me here if you have any billing-related queries.

Suggestions.

Backup and restore settings with xml file.
When hovering over a rating have a "rating type" indicator next to the name in the title popup. Like a green + or a red - to indicate your ratings impact. Or just extend what you add to the ratings title in admin cp to display in post as well. such as the green -positive

Sorry if I've missed this asked/suggested in the last 70 pages, but a search didn't find it for me.

Is it possible - currently, or in a future version - to have a requirement for a post when giving a negative rating?
If a users post is being rated with a negative, I'd like to enforce that the user has to post in the thread, replying to the post for which they are giving a negative rating, explaining why they have rated with a negative.

Thanks.

Two questions:

1. How can I search/identify all posts that received neutral and/or negative ratings? And then choose to delete these ratings, if desired?

2. How would I remove all ratings given ( start again, wipe the slate clean type of thing), but keeping the positives as standard XF likes? I want to reconfigure all my ratings - remove some, add some, etc - and start again.

Thanks.

I recommend not enabling any kinds of negative ratings at all in a forum. A certain german forum turned within days into a flamewar forum that way :eek:

I recommend not enabling any kinds of negative ratings at all in a forum. A certain german forum turned within days into a flamewar forum that way :eek:

Yes, not a flamewar but the change over to post ratings with negatives available hasn't been received well. Hence why my post above wanting to reconfigure all the ones I have and start again from scratch :) I'd still like the option to have 1 negative though, only allowing it on the first post and only to a few whitelisted usergroups.

Yes, not a flamewar but the change over to post ratings with negatives available hasn't been received well. Hence why my post above wanting to reconfigure all the ones I have and start again from scratch :) I'd still like the option to have 1 negative though, only allowing it on the first post and only to a few whitelisted usergroups.

Neutral ratings serve and can convey a meaning in a not so positive way without it offended said person. Some of the negative ratings I've seen are borderline rude and it takes but 1 person to start a domino effect of negativity that really can destroy what was a once positive community. I've got a brown-Noser rating I designed but I doubt I'd ever make it public or other ones that would cause nothing but trouble in the long term.

You assign one of the new ratings to act as a "like". That one rating still iterates the "like" count so if you uninstall the Addon, you'll still have all your likes.
How/where do you configure this?
From /admin.php?postrating/list I cannot see an option, when editing a rating, to tag it as acting as a legacy 'like'.

It would be nice if more than one choice can be set as a "Like" rating.

Couldn't you just add more "like" titled ratings in the post ratings settings and add different icons to convey "like 1" "Like 2" etc etc? I think I see where your going with that suggestion though would the specific icon have an arrow icon beside it with a drop down menu with the alternative like icons?

Well, the admin settings now have you choose which postrating will be the "Like" rating. I'm assuming it stores that in the defaults like database setting in case you uninstall it. Each rating should have this choice separately so more than one can be a like. I may "Like" the post and want to give you a cookie or maybe a beer. Either should have the option of being a "Like".

Top Bottom