Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Is there any way to easily (without using lots of resources) get the total number of (positive) ratings in a thread?

We'd like to archive some of our better threads and it makes sense that we use the criteria of total positive likes rather than first post likes but I don't see an easy way to do this as ratings are associated to posts, not threads.

Any ideas?

Can this be extended to resource and resource's reviews?
It would be great to be able to rate a review Informative/Useful/etc

How does this incorporate with the current Like and Trophy system? Does it replace it? Break it? Add to it?

How does this incorporate with the current Like and Trophy system? Does it replace it? Break it? Add to it?

Trophies are untouched, and some new parameters are added to the promotion system (which is also used for trophies) to account for ratings

Likes are kept 100% intact, and any 'like' ratings are done through the legacy like system (using 100% XF code and database tables) for compatibility. You can also use SQL queries to either completely 'remove' the legacy system (though this is a bad idea), or if you no longer wish to use post ratings, to convert all positive ratings into legacy likes.

So... just so I'm clear.... a positive rating with this new system = a "like" in the old system? So for example - if people get a ton of positive ratings they'll receive the "people like you" trophy?

Or if I'm reading what you said above - you can still "like" a post the old fashion way with this new add on?

It's a paid add on so I just want to make sure - I'm also a XenForo newb and worried that too many addons could break the forums somehow...

Post Ratings has a rating called 'like'. This rating is one XF legacy like, not an own version of 'like'. If you want, you can change which rating should be a legacy 'like'. So you can change for example 'Agree' to a legacy 'like'.

So... just so I'm clear.... a positive rating with this new system = a "like" in the old system? So for example - if people get a ton of positive ratings they'll receive the "people like you" trophy?

Or if I'm reading what you said above - you can still "like" a post the old fashion way with this new add on?

It's a paid add on so I just want to make sure - I'm also a XenForo newb and worried that too many addons could break the forums somehow...

You assign one of the new ratings to act as a "like". That one rating still iterates the "like" count so if you uninstall the Addon, you'll still have all your likes. Most people have like as a rating so it makes sense to assign that to the old like system for most people.

Basically yes, but you would need to alter the trophy to use the new 'total positive ratings' option rather than total likes, otherwise it would go by your 'like' rating alone

How do I get the rankings to show up using the "style property" on the left under Avatars in threads?

After payment we inform you via PM which e-mail should be used for receiving addon. Why you ignore this request? BTW, we haven't received addon on paypal e-mail also. Please, resend addon on correct e-mail. Thanks.

When did you purchase the add on? Your order would need to be approved, and you may need to be verified.

• Fixed Tapatalk likes feature not functioning with Post Ratings addon enabled.
I noticed that using the BYOA version of Tapatalk and Post Ratings the like feature hasnt shown up in the mobile app, will this latest update show the Like feature again in the BOYA tapatalk version or just Tapatalk app?

After payment we inform you via PM which e-mail should be used for receiving addon. Why you ignore this request? BTW, we haven't received addon on paypal e-mail also. Please, resend addon on correct e-mail. Thanks.

Really sorry about that, I completely forgot you had requested a different address, I've sent it to the correct one now

• Fixed Tapatalk likes feature not functioning with Post Ratings addon enabled.
I noticed that using the BYOA version of Tapatalk and Post Ratings the like feature hasnt shown up in the mobile app, will this latest update show the Like feature again in the BOYA tapatalk version or just Tapatalk app?

The issue would have affected all versions of the tapatalk plugin since first release, so almost certainly it will fix your issue

The issue would have affected all versions of the tapatalk plugin since first release, so almost certainly it will fix your issue
It WORKS!!!! Awesome!!! Man I have been really looking forward to this, finally our members can 'Like' a post within the 'build your own app' tapatalk version. We have over 1500 downloads on our Mobile App version and its been the #1 request for months now!

Stoked to see this feature working flawless now! :D

Back
Top Bottom