Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

What do you think about a mini badge system for this post ratings addon? Not sure if it was suggested before. A simple UI in the admin could be created that allows you to add badges and upload an associating image. When a member reaches a certain amount of ratings for a particular post rating the system will deliver them that badge. For example, you could create a badge that requires at least 50 "creative" post ratings and when any member reaches that count they would be given an "artist badge" or whatever you'd like to name it. Badges could optionally be shown under the messageUserBlock.

Heh, not sure if that's a bit much for this add-on though. There is no guarantee many would use this feature as well. A simpler way may be just to implement extra options for the trophy system criteria. Currently there are only criteria for options such as "User has received at least X positive post ratings". If there were criteria for each rating, you could effectively do the same thing as a badge system. You'd just need to apply images for your trophies. Any thoughts?

What do you think about a mini badge system for this post ratings addon? Not sure if it was suggested before. A simple UI in the admin could be created that allows you to add badges and upload an associating image. When a member reaches a certain amount of ratings for a particular post rating the system will deliver them that badge. For example, you could create a badge that requires at least 50 "creative" post ratings and when any member reaches that count they would be given an "artist badge" or whatever you'd like to name it. Badges could optionally be shown under the messageUserBlock.

Heh, not sure if that's a bit much for this add-on though. There is no guarantee many would use this feature as well. A simpler way may be just to implement extra options for the trophy system criteria. Currently there are only criteria for options such as "User has received at least X positive post ratings". If there were criteria for each rating, you could effectively do the same thing as a badge system. You'd just need to apply images for your trophies. Any thoughts?

Was looking at this today. Would be awesome if we could give trophies based on certain criteria for each rating.
Eg. "Funny Guy" trophie - Receive 50 funny ratings.

Small problem, how do I fix the white border around the "post ratings" and Xenmoods has shifted to the right on profile page o_O

Not sure if I'm not doing something right but I've come across this too :( You see a thumbs up no matter what rating you give.. Look at uploads

Attachments

• raiting.webp
    raiting.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 18
  • raiting2.webp
    raiting2.webp
    952 bytes · Views: 18
  • raiting3.webp
    raiting3.webp
    1,000 bytes · Views: 16
Small problem, how do I fix the white border around the "post ratings" and Xenmoods has shifted to the right on profile page o_O

Not sure if I'm not doing something right but I've come across this too :( You see a thumbs up no matter what rating you give.. Look at uploads

These are issues with your custom style. The XenMoods thing I cannot reproduce in any browser, but for the others, add the following to EXTRA.css:

Code:
.dark_postrating_member { border-width: 0 !important }
.dark_postrating { background: none !important; padding: 5px !important; }

I like the mod. However, on our forum, the post rating count shows all 0/0/0 . The recount setting isn't working, I suppose. It just gets over in 1 second; while I guess it should take at least a few seconds.

Update: Okay, it's working now. The only problem is - the user titles aren't getting updated. Our title system is set as follows -

If User has X posts & Y positive ratings -> Award Tropy (& points) -> User title upgrade. Here's the whole chart we've planned - http://www.crazyengineers.com/community/threads/new-post-ratings-user-title-upgrade-system.61527/ . But you can clearly see the problem with user titles, points & ratings. :(

PS: I have the 'criteria integration' enabled, and also have checked the basics.

Update: Okay, it's working now. The only problem is - the user titles aren't getting updated. Our title system is set as follows -

If User has X posts & Y positive ratings -> Award Tropy (& points) -> User title upgrade. Here's the whole chart we've planned - http://www.crazyengineers.com/community/threads/new-post-ratings-user-title-upgrade-system.61527/ . But you can clearly see the problem with user titles, points & ratings. :(

PS: I have the 'criteria integration' enabled, and also have checked the basics.

Are you saying the trophies are not being awarded? Have you tried manually running the trophy cron via the admin CP? You may need to run it several times for it to process everyone on big boards, if I remember correctly

Are you saying the trophies are not being awarded? Have you tried manually running the trophy cron via the admin CP? You may need to run it several times for it to process everyone on big boards, if I remember correctly
No, what I see is the system either is not processing the new ratings system and even after enabling the ratings addon, the trophy points are still being calculated based on older system. Members haven't seen a change in user title after enabling the add-on.

According to our new system, a user with 559 posts & ratings as +135 / 0 / -0 should be awarded user title: 'ACE' , but the system shows 'CE-Star' -> which is his old title. I'll try running the cron several times and report my findings.

Update: I ran the cron several times (6-8 times) but it hasn't helped, I think. I also notice that the new members haven't received update. New members with 3 posts are still being called 'CE Newbie'.

Update: I deleted all old trophies and titles and built them again. I ran the cron several times but still only few of the members have correct count of points and have been awarded the titles. What should I do now? :confused:

Top Bottom