Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Update: I deleted all old trophies and titles and built them again. I ran the cron several times but still only few of the members have correct count of points and have been awarded the titles. What should I do now? :confused:

How did you fix the ratings totals showing as 0? My initial thoughts for that issue were a poorly written addon not chaining its use of the User model correctly (this has previously happened to a customer), which would also break the ratings criteria system.

One thing you could try would be creating a Notice only shown to admins with a suitable minimum ratings value, to determine if the issue is with the addon itself (or a conflict), or with how you have the trophies and title hierarchy configured.

Just one thing, Can the in house like remain active and function as now that I installed this we can no longer Like via tapatalk .

Hey Luke,

How can I change where the likebarsummary generates in the "message" template? I want to move it because it looks funny on the current style I'm using.

Just one thing, Can the in house like remain active and function as now that I installed this we can no longer Like via tapatalk .

This is something I've been meaning to look into, strictly speaking there is no reason why the tapatalk like should stop working considering the standard like system is left totally intact and like ratings are done through it

Hey Luke,

How can I change where the likebarsummary generates in the "message" template? I want to move it because it looks funny on the current style I'm using.

If you're using TMS, disable the edit providing message_below, then following the manual template edit instructions, stick the message_below hook in a suitable place

Just wondering if you have any new features in the pipeline Luke? I'm liking the add-on as it is now (no grumbles with it whatsoever) just curious if there's anything in the pipeline?

If you're using TMS, disable the edit providing message_below, then following the manual template edit instructions, stick the message_below hook in a suitable place
Odd, even after I disabled the edit from TMS...the bar is still there. So I have no idea if this is working correctly.

Odd, even after I disabled the edit from TMS...the bar is still there. So I have no idea if this is working correctly.

Could you have a leftover manual edit? IIRC, TMS can also be picky about child styles, so you may need to disable it in more than one place

Could you have a leftover manual edit? IIRC, TMS can also be picky about child styles, so you may need to disable it in more than one place
Hey is there a way to embed your post ratings into our Tapatalk App so people can leave ratings and/or view them on their phones?

Not from what I can see, there are no manual edits. I've disabled it in all places and it's still no good. I don't know what to do. It's weird. Does this addon replace the message template with it's own?

I just discovered something that might be a bug. Here's the scenario:

User A has started thread X. User B rates User A's post. User C then also rates User A's post. Then going into the list to see what other people has rated User C deletes the rating done a few seconds earlier. User C discovers that User B's rating also can be deleted.

I guess this scenario should not be possible?

I just discovered something that might be a bug. Here's the scenario:

User A has started thread X. User B rates User A's post. User C then also rates User A's post. Then going into the list to see what other people has rated User C deletes the rating done a few seconds earlier. User C discovers that User B's rating also can be deleted.

I guess this scenario should not be possible?

The permission 'Delete ratings/likes' should only be granted to admins

I use these settings for my regular member group:

ratings.webp

Shouldn't "delete ratings/likes" be allowed for the users to be able to undo whatever rating they have done?

I'm not sure whether this is something you would accommodate or a template edit I would need to make. TBH Luke I didn't know whether to post this in here or in Bobsters Showcase thread but will post on the offchance in his thread also.

I noticed the Showcase uses the default Like system with post ratings not inheriting over. I was just wondering is this something you could do by supporting it so it inherits? Not even sure this suggestion should be here or it may be a template edit I need to make. Just throwing it out there on the offchance really.

Top Bottom