Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Sounds like you have (originally) upgraded the xml before uploading the files

To fix this you will need to enable debug mode (add $config['debug'] = true; to config.php), then go to ACP > Development > List Addons > Post Ratings and set 'Version ID' to 16. Then triple check you have the correct files uploaded and perform the xml upgrade again. You can then disable debug mode.
I had a feeling that might have been the case... I'm guessing reupgrading doesn't do everything if the version ID is the same?

Anyway, it worked. Thanks :)

I had a feeling that might have been the case... I'm guessing reupgrading doesn't do everything if the version ID is the same?

Anyway, it worked. Thanks :)

Yes that's correct, everything else such as templates/phrases/etc merges correctly when the version id matches but custom install code will only run once

Only have this on localhost....

Can you still access like that?

Not easily, no. I'll see if I can get hold of a copy of the framework

After a day of using this most excellent add-on I thought I'd venture on in and post my thoughts.

First off, after designing my custom icons I have bumped and amazed at the options at my disposal something you can't really appreciate unless you have used the ratings add-on in the admincp. Everything is configurable to the point I think Dark Immortal as exceeded himself. Comments I'm getting are very positive, and I'm finding myself tinkering around with the abundance of features/options.

I thought I'd make my appreciation to DI for this excellent script he's provided and to think I was one of those that never imagined to be swayed away from the default likes system (as brilliant as it is) reality is some posts warrant more than just a like.

Finally just got my own icons completed but I'm sure I'll be adding more (depending how it affects the layout)but it's inspired my lazy arse to get out of gear and finsh them off.

Thanks again DI. (there just wasn't enough stars when I rated this add-on) excellent job indeed and very happy I purchased this.

ratings_happy.webp

Talk about a ringing endorsement! (y)

After I make a couple of changes on the site, I'll be buying this add-on. DI, you've earned another customer here in just a few minutes ;)

Talk about a ringing endorsement! (y)

After I make a couple of changes on the site, I'll be buying this add-on. DI, you've earned another customer here in just a few minutes ;)

Good choice Arny... this is one of my top add-ons. Absolutely love what Shelley has done with hers.
KuNxdv.png

It brings it out more... really enhances the add-on.

Just trying to get this matter resolved. Any way we can allow your add-on to work and show? It's not a conflict between just the XenStaff because my Registered Users has everyone's info removed as well when your add-on is activated. Help PLZ? Thanks ;-):

How it looks with your Add-on Disabled:

file_postrating3x-jpg.27995

How it looks when your Add-on is Enabled:

file_postrating2x-jpg.27996

And 'again', this is happening to BOTH the Registered Users as well as the XenStaff.

This is very likely to be a conflict with either your style or another addon (not xenstaff) - if disabling other addons doesn't help, please PM me admin cp and ftp details.

I don't get any such issues using XenStaff myself

After a day of using this most excellent add-on I thought I'd venture on in and post my thoughts.

First off, after designing my custom icons I have bumped and amazed at the options at my disposal something you can't really appreciate unless you have used the ratings add-on in the admincp. Everything is configurable to the point I think Dark Immortal as exceeded himself. Comments I'm getting are very positive, and I'm finding myself tinkering around with the abundance of features/options.

I thought I'd make my appreciation to DI for this excellent script he's provided and to think I was one of those that never imagined to be swayed away from the default likes system (as brilliant as it is) reality is some posts warrant more than just a like.

Finally just got my own icons completed but I'm sure I'll be adding more (depending how it affects the layout)but it's inspired my lazy arse to get out of gear and finsh them off.

Thanks again DI. (there just wasn't enough stars when I rated this add-on) excellent job indeed and very happy I purchased this.

Thank you for the kind words and really glad you like it :)

Also I'm having some trouble registering on your site: (tried several browsers/ips)

en2_.png

Do you have any plans to release these (either free or paid)?

Atm I've designed around 30 rating icons (not all of them are enabled on bbsmiley) though a small portion of them exist on a spritesheet and upon completion they'll be released for free. Rather than go off-topic here there's a ratings thread at my site where members can post/make suggestions for icons they want included.

@DI - The add-on is disabled you shouldn't have any issues registering.

This is very likely to be a conflict with either your style or another addon (not xenstaff) - if disabling other addons doesn't help, please PM me admin cp and ftp details.

I don't get any such issues using XenStaff myself
I'm really swamped by all of this. I tried disabling then re-enabling different addons but it's only THIS addon which has a problem with me site. I did not try it with the default style theme because I had removed that yesterday. I could not get the addon 're-enabled' (server timeout errors), so I un-installed it losing all of the saved likes that the users had accumulated since I first installed. So then I tried to re-install one last time but remembered I had to make some manual edits 'again'.

But I DID notice that before I had to go and make some manual edits, the addon 'itself' caused the problems I have been explaining so I said forget it and I left this addon uninstalled. I don't really want to give server access because I'm very certain that the issue is with your addon and to troubleshoot it NOW won't bring back all of the used posts where we made alot of different versions of 'likes'. With this all being said, I was wondering if I can just get refunded for the purchase? It's a great addon and for those who have had no problems, then it's well worth it to have! Thanks ;-)

Top Bottom