Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Really like this addon, any further plans to integrate this with the trophy system?
or maybe a custom trophy system ? Considering this is extending the Likes system, the traditional trophy system which is based on the traditional Likes system might not "work" as well as expected.

I couldn't see the option. But is there some kind of option to disable rating usage for individual people?

Currently disabled ratings are included in totals so it might go against the expected behaviour slightly, but on the other hand there would arguably be little point in a total if no ratings of that type were available to use...

I think the best solution is to make an option to force hide positive/neutral/negative totals separately, which I'll add in the next update :)
Don't think this made it into 1.3.0....

Darkimmortal, we are about to finally transfer over from VB to Xenforo in about a week - you mentioned before that you can help me transfer over the current Likes we have from the vbulletin plugin: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbecommerce.php?do=product&productid=22

What would be the best way to do this? Maybe a couple days before we switch I can disable the plugin on VB and have you go in and backup the files we need or?

Again, I will pay you for this as this is one the major features all my members love on the forum and there is thousands of likes....

Thanks again for your awesome support! :)

If you can send me a sql dump of the relevant tables for that addon I'll see how feasible it is to convert into postratings

Just be sure to select the option to preserve user/post IDs when you're importing.

Hey man I was reading this thread when I saw that they were comparing your Post Ratings software to the reputation system on vBulletin.com. I thought about it and realized that you can leave comments instead of ratings with this modification right, but I'm not clear on that.

Does the comments that are are enabled mean you can leave a positive or negative comment and if you leave a comment will the comments show up in your settings page just like reputation comments show up on other softwares?

You can't leave custom comments with post ratings

any update for Profil Posts into future?

It's been on the cards for a while, but I'm not making any promises - it would take some architecture changes to support completely different content types

Really like this addon, any further plans to integrate this with the trophy system?

A ratio of positive/negative is planned

or maybe a custom trophy system ? Considering this is extending the Likes system, the traditional trophy system which is based on the traditional Likes system might not "work" as well as expected.

I don't really see the need, the current system is extensible enough

I couldn't see the option. But is there some kind of option to disable rating usage for individual people?

Do you mean globally or per rating? Either way you could do it with an extra user group if you're talking about a small scale, but if you want to do it per-rating the whitelisting system could get awkward

Don't think this made it into 1.3.0....

Forgot about that sorry :oops:

If you can send me a sql dump of the relevant tables for that addon I'll see how feasible it is to convert into postratings

Just be sure to select the option to preserve user/post IDs when you're importing.

You can't leave custom comments with post ratings

It's been on the cards for a while, but I'm not making any promises - it would take some architecture changes to support completely different content types

A ratio of positive/negative is planned

I don't really see the need, the current system is extensible enough

Do you mean globally or per rating? Either way you could do it with an extra user group if you're talking about a small scale, but if you want to do it per-rating the whitelisting system could get awkward

Forgot about that sorry :oops:

Ah I see I meant globally. Now that you mentioned using another usergroup I'll probably go around doing it that way. Thanks for the response DI.

Forgot to ask. it's a matter of just creating the new usergroup throwing the <insert member here> and setting the rating not to show or be used for that usergroup?

Forgot to ask. it's a matter of just creating the new usergroup throwing the <insert member here> and setting the rating not to show or be used for that usergroup?

If it's globally you can just block them from using ratings at the xenforo permissions level

If it's globally you can just block them from using ratings at the xenforo permissions level

I think we may have our wires crossed here DI. Lets say for example "Mr wobbly" is abusing ratings and he's in the members group am I able to restrict just "Mr wobbly" and nobody else in the members group?

I think we may have our wires crossed here DI. Lets say for example "Mr wobbly" is abusing ratings and he's in the members group am I able to restrict just "Mr wobbly" and nobody else in the members group?

Yeah just stick him in a separate secondary group and in that group's permissions set '[Post Ratings] Rate posts' to 'Never'

Hey,

I have no "Ratings received" in the Profile, how can i fix that? View attachment 29074

PS: I have installed TMS

You need to enable this option:
vk5j.png

Top Bottom