Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Darkimmortal submitted a new resource:

Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level (version 1.0.0) - Replacement for the Likes system allowing your members to rate posts (e.g. agree, disagree, funny)

Description:

At its most basic level, this addon is a massive improvement on the likes system of XenForo by allowing users to express a wide range of views on a post.

From first glance it may look like one of those silly addons for moods, points, credits, etc. that really adds nothing of benefit to your forum, but the reality is very different.

This addon:
  • Increases daily posts (read on for proof)
  • Improves signal to noise...

Read more about this resource...

Darkimmortal updated Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1

Update:

1.0.0 to 1.0.1:
  1. Upload contents of upload folder to forum root, overwriting all files
  2. Upgrade addon using addon-PostRating.xml file
  3. If you wish to replace all your ratings with the new spritesheet ones, run this query on your database and then go to the Ratings page of the ACP to refresh the cache:
    Code:
    TRUNCATE TABLE `dark_postrating_ratings`;...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Darkimmortal updated Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0

Please expand post to view the changelog

Update:

1.0.2 to 1.1.0:
  3. Configure new permission 'Delete ratings' in category 'Forum Permissions' for your usergroups.
  4. See steps 5 and 6 of the fresh installation instructions

Read the rest of this update entry...

Now added to the resource manager: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-ratings-taking-likes-to-the-next-level.410/ :)

I'm sending out 1.1.0 update emails shortly, here is the changelog/update instuctions:

Update:

1.0.2 to 1.1.0:
  3. Configure new permission 'Delete ratings' in category 'Forum Permissions' for your usergroups.
  4. See steps 5 and 6 of the fresh installation instructions

Changelog:

1.1.0 (27/02/2012):
  • New: XenPorta Article comment support
  • New: Added integration with Member list page (rating counts displayed in place of like count)
  • New: Added integration with Online list page
  • New: Added integration with Visitor Panel (top right of homepage)
  • New: Optional 'Ratings You've Received' page to replace 'Likes You've Received'
  • New: Optional 'Ratings You've Given' page
  • New: Moderator tool to delete individual ratings on a post
  • New: Optional (via style property) display of users' total received ratings on postbit
  • New: Added option to soft hide post (looks roughly like soft deleted) after x negative ratings
  • New: Per-rating option to allow only members of a certain usergroup to use that rating
  • New: Per-rating option to allow it to be used only on the first post a thread
  • Improved tooltips on rating input bar - now uses XenForo tooltip system
  • Thumb-down.png rating image now included in release package for those who want to set up a generic 'dislike' rating
  • Rating type (positive/negative/neutral) totals are no longer shown if none of that type of rating exist
  • Fixed/improved use of terms 'your post' and 'you rated', and fixed doubled up word 'post' in news feed items
  • Fixed error when the selected like rating was not whitelisted in a given forum
  • List view rating totals now formatted with xen:number
  • Reduced member card queries by 1

I'm sorry this update has been so late, hopefully the massive number of additions will make up for it :)

Can you disable negative stats showing now? I don't see this option...

If you delete all the negative ratings the totals will now just show +0/0 as opposed to +0/0/-0, and the same for the other rating types

• Rating type (positive/negative/neutral) totals are no longer shown if none of that type of rating exist

I upgraded from 1.0.1 to 1.1
Do I have to run the SQL query to do the spritesheets image? I don't see the thumb down.

I upgraded from 1.0.1 to 1.1
Do I have to run the SQL query to do the spritesheets image? I don't see the thumb down.

No, it's just the image that was included. You have to add a rating which uses thumb-down.png like so:

You shouldn't need to run the SQL query at all

45eb.png

For some reason only 5 persons who postd likes are listed when clicking on 'List' in likes toolbar, how can i show everyone, who voted ?

For some reason only 5 persons who postd likes are listed when clicking on 'List' in likes toolbar, how can i show everyone, who voted ?

I've just realised I forgot to add the code I was going to add to Recount which would clear up that scenario (some of the like ratings that are being displayed in the count are 'real' ratings using your selected like rating, but the list will only display those which are internal xenforo likes).

I'll have a fix out later to correct that and a couple of other issues I've noticed on my live forum

Also, there is no space between users, when displaying full list, consider adding some margins, like
Code:
.dark_postrating_column a.username {
display: block;
float: left;
margin-left: 2px;
margin-right: 3px;
}

Great addon. Before I install this, I would need this functionality:

Text instead of icons. I have some phrases like "This post does not contribute to the discussion" which is 1. hard to express completely within a single icon and 2. I would have to create such an icon. Is this functionality available yet or does it only work with icons? With just text phrases this addon would have a much broader audience I bet.

Thanks!

Great addon. Before I install this, I would need this functionality:

Text instead of icons. I have some phrases like "This post does not contribute to the discussion" which is 1. hard to express completely within a single icon and 2. I would have to create such an icon. Is this functionality available yet or does it only work with icons?

Thanks!

Unfortunately it's just icons by default, though I believe it would be possible to use text with just a template edit, I'll have to get back to you on that one.

For "This post does not contribute to the discussion", Facepunch forums used to use a '
lbmb.png
Bad Reading' rating which was roughly synonymous, if a little unclear.

Top Bottom