Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Just notice that something is complete off with the timestamp and the recent activity stream. Post's timestamp is 9:40pm but recent activity shows 10:20.
It should say fredric rated your post Agree, not the other way around. Take a look at the Alert. It shows the right text and time.

Recent activity
Recent Activity.webp

The post
Columbia MFE.webp

The popup rating list

Columbia.webp

Alert

alert.webp

Won't be using text ratings. I almost added it then realized instead of typing a rating, they should just reply to the post like normally. I'd rather see a thread with replies rather than a thread with no replies and several text ratings.

Won't be using text ratings. I almost added it then realized instead of typing a rating, they should just reply to the post like normally. I'd rather see a thread with replies rather than a thread with no replies and several text ratings.

Pretty much agreed, it's kind of a niche feature

Just notice that something is complete off with the timestamp and the recent activity stream. Post's timestamp is 9:40pm but recent activity shows 10:20.
It should say fredric rated your post Agree, not the other way around. Take a look at the Alert. It shows the right text and time.

Recent activity
View attachment 26434

The post
View attachment 26433

The popup rating list

View attachment 26432

Alert

View attachment 26435

Fixed the activity stream issue in 1.1.2, and the timestamps are supposed to show when the post was rated rather than when the post was posted

Small suggestion: I would include step "Add this code to the start of the ad_message_below template:" with a simple template hook. You can create a new template and just write this template to ad_message_below. The less steps involved in an installation, the easier it may be for everyone to manage (including supporting it). There are already some clients out there :)

I'm not aware of any alternative other than TMS which I'm keeping an eye on but would rather not make a requirement at this time

The problem is I need to access the current $message in the message output loop outside of template code and then insert data back in which didn't seem to be possible without a template edit to add extra hook params when I researched it

How do I disable the profile page integration?

Option added in 1.1.2 :)

Dark, is it possible make it so the post rating system notifies an admin, mod, or even better appear in the report system when a post is hidden due to negative ratings? That way the forum administration could review it and decide whether it should remain hidden or not?

The reason behind this is to prevent possible abuse of the system.

Thanks!

Dark, is it possible make it so the post rating system notifies an admin, mod, or even better appear in the report system when a post is hidden due to negative ratings? That way the forum administration could review it and decide whether it should remain hidden or not?

The reason behind this is to prevent possible abuse of the system.

Thanks!

It's something I may add in the future but given that the hidden posts aren't made unavailable to ordinary users and anyone can click the link to display them, I don't see how it can be abused all that much

It's something I may add in the future but given that the hidden posts aren't made unavailable to ordinary users and anyone can click the link to display them, I don't see how it can be abused all that much

Awesome, I see your point.. I think the alert system would just be a bit easier for us to spot an "abuse" of the system and correct it right away.

Oh, how is the "Show author total received ratings" under the member avatar in post updated? Through an cron job? Right now on the lastest version 1.1.2 it doesn't seem to be updating right away like under the user profile. I tried recounting the ratings, but no luck. I have APC Cache running on my server, could that be the reason?

Thanks once again!

Awesome, I see your point.. I think the alert system would just be a bit easier for us to spot an "abuse" of the system and correct it right away.

Oh, how is the "Show author total received ratings" under the member avatar in post updated? Through an cron job? Right now on the lastest version 1.1.2 it doesn't seem to be updating right away like under user profile. I tried recounting the ratings, but no luck. I have APC Cache running on my server, could that be the reason?

Thanks once again!

It should be instant, I'll double check there isn't a bug I missed

For it's intended purpose, excellent function with this add-on. Thanks for that.

Like many forums, we have a classifieds. One of the things I've been wanting is buyer / seller transaction feedback. This gets us part of the way, where I'll be able to have good / bad transaction ratings. If a rating had an option to allow addition input from the one giving the rating, that would be great.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks,

South Fork

I'm not aware of any alternative other than TMS which I'm keeping an eye on but would rather not make a requirement at this time
Thanks for interest, Darkimmortal! You can make it optional by following way:
You as developer make modifications needed for addon in TMS. Export the addon as usual.
And the template-edit part in the installation instruction will be:
If you have TMS installed skip the step N.
Step N. Find ....... Replace ..... Find ...... Ad below ......
The addon will be the same as now for users without TMS, but users having it could forget about template editing. That's how it can be optional.

Sorry, I don't quite understand your question..

If you mean text-only ratings with no icon, it's as simple as setting a blank icon file name

I understand h0w it works now. I thought it had an ability to comment on a particular rating you give. This would be an awesome feature for people to explain why they like/dislike something.

This looks awesome. Going to get it soon!

Quick question, does one purchase allow the use on as many boards? Or is it one license per board?

Has anyone had any success with the latest version and trophies? I noticed the option in the ACP and it is enabled. I had a few trophies defined based on number of positive ratings received, ran the cron entry to update trophies, updated user cache as well (and recount ratings), but it seems to ignore the post ratings still. XF did award a new trophy I added during testing for 3k posts though, and when I ran the cron trophy update it did grant myself that trophy, but it didn't grant me any of the positive post rating trophies that I defined that I should have earned.

Top Bottom