Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Purchased!

Have you? Just do it! :D

... as promised the donation will follow when this happens

whistle.gif

You would need to change your rank system to be based on positive ratings received. The likes received is still increased, but only for 'like' ratings.
If I ever wanted to un-install this addon, would it be easy to add all positive ratings (like, agree, funny, useful etc...) back to the built-in like system?

Please, make possible to assign which usergroup can vote which 'likes'. So some groups can vote only positive, some - only negative, some could post any ranking.

If I ever wanted to un-install this addon, would it be easy to add all positive ratings (like, agree, funny, useful etc...) back to the built-in like system?

I don't think it would be feasible with just a query (too many caches and totals), but a short script that called the like datawriter could certainly do that

Currently it's not an option when uninstalling but I may add it in the future

Please, make possible to assign which usergroup can vote which 'likes'. So some groups can vote only positive, some - only negative, some could post any ranking.

Good idea, will add that :)

I mean the "positive" and "negative" ratings that are counted on each members user card. Is it possible to have this data for each post?

Not sure I see the point in showing totals on a post as well as the existing rating counts

Not sure I see the point in showing totals on a post as well as the existing rating counts
Yeah, it is probably something more specialized to what I am looking to do.

Would you know the variable that gives the rating count for each type of rating? For example, the number of "agrees" in a post would be accessable by what variable?

I have found {xen:number $rating.count} but I am unsure where to go next.

I don't think it would be feasible with just a query (too many caches and totals), but a short script that called the like datawriter could certainly do that

Currently it's not an option when uninstalling but I may add it in the future
I am sure more people will consider buying this addon if the option is available. It's always good to have a backup plan. Many times my users complained about losing their "hard work / earned points" when an addon was removed.

Going to get flamed for this but $30? Its a little high when you think another year of Xenforo is only $40, Yes you can reply to me with Were not forcing you you buy it, But I would buy this but $30 is too much, $20 is a more reasonable price for a addon that allows people to agree with something.

Going to get flamed for this but $30? Its a little high when you think another year of Xenforo is only $40, Yes you can reply to me with Were not forcing you you buy it, But I would buy this but $30 is too much, $20 is a more reasonable price for a addon that allows people to agree with something.

With the way the add-on flows through xenForo, it is definitely worth the "extra $10". This add-on has been developed very nicely, and in my opinion, fits perfectly with xenForo. Some add-ons you see that is was "installed". Not so much with this one. It looks as if it was a core part of xenForo to begin with. I don't think you will be disappointed with the "extra $10" used to get this.

With the way the add-on flows through xenForo, it is definitely worth the "extra $10". This add-on has been developed very nicely, and in my opinion, fits perfectly with xenForo. Some add-ons you see that is was "installed". Not so much with this one. It looks as if it was a core part of xenForo to begin with. I don't think you will be disappointed with the "extra $10" used to get this.

But it offers nothing more than a rating of a post to be honest this should not even cost $20. A big mod like XenPorta should be priced at this (don't get any ideas) not a little mod that rates posts.

Just my 2 cents.

But it offers nothing more than a rating of a post to be honest this should not even cost $20. A big mod like XenPorta should be priced at this (don't get any ideas) not a little mod that rates posts.

Just my 2 cents.

I respect that you have a different opinion, but this addon has been incredibly useful on my forum and just feels so natural. Definitely worth the money.

Top Bottom