Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I found a little bug:

Let's say I do not want more than one of the buttons work in a certain forum. If this button has been used in any of the threads in that forum, when accessing a topic in this forum that has a rating with this rate, I get this error:

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/****/public_html/*****/library/Dark/PostRating/EventListener.php on line 105

It dont work with 1.0.2? i havent uppdate to 1.1.1 yet becouse i still use ragteks adons they suit my forum perfect :( so there are no way i can use it for 1.0.2 some old file or somthing becouse the box isnt visible.

It dont work with 1.0.2? i havent uppdate to 1.1.1 yet becouse i still use ragteks adons they suit my forum perfect :( so there are no way i can use it for 1.0.2 some old file or somthing becouse the box isnt visible.
About compatibility - I don't know. But in my testforum, I wondered about it, too. But after realizing, that you can't rate own posts (*smilie for smashing my head at a wall*), I created another test user and it worked :whistle:

Very nice!

Though, I would prefer if possible, a simple "Dislike" button in the same style and functionality as the default xenforo "Like" button.

If anyone can implement this, do let me know - thank you.

I found a little bug:

Let's say I do not want more than one of the buttons work in a certain forum. If this button has been used in any of the threads in that forum, when accessing a topic in this forum that has a rating with this rate, I get this error:

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/****/public_html/*****/library/Dark/PostRating/EventListener.php on line 105

Noted for next update (will be a bit later than promised as there's quite a bit more work than I expected)

Unfortunately a lot of features added in 1.1 are relied on - if there is no way you can update and ragtek's addons don't have a 1.1 compatible update available I would be happy to offer you a refund - just drop me a PM with the paypal transaction ID.

Dark, some rating I have in mind make only sense for the first post of the thread. Is it possible to add an option for ratings to choose only avaliable for the first post of the thread?

Thanks.

Added to my list :)

Everytime I edit my main template, the likes system code goes away. I have to constantly re-add it.

Code:
<xen:hook name="message_below" params="{xen:array 'post={$message}','message_id={$messageId}'}" />

^^^This disappears and the like system box goes away. I have to constantly add it after making changes to my templates, even if the ad_message_below template is untouched.

Sounds like you have some underlying xenforo or server issue, what other addons are you running?

Hi Dark! Good job! You give me permission to translate into the Spanish and put the translation on xenfacil.com?

Wow.I haven't done anything to my site in the past 24 hours and post ratings dissapeared on me again. I had uninstalled a lot of add-ons two days ago to see if they were interfering with this add-on and I can't believe it's doing it again. I can't use this modification.

Wow.I haven't done anything to my site in the past 24 hours and post ratings dissapeared on me again. I had uninstalled a lot of add-ons two days ago to see if they were interfering with this add-on and I can't believe it's doing it again. I can't use this modification.

Try adding the template code to the 'message' template just before where ad_message_below is referenced

Not sure what could be causing it to disappear :/

Hi Dark. I'm using your add-on and is awesome.

Can we make permissions per rating based?

1) For example, only specific group rating. If i'm a moderator, we can rate the "Great Guy" rating. Only moderators can rate this and viewable for public, registered users can't rate this specific rate.

2) Also, some way to promote user with only one rate based promotion instead only positive points? ( For example, group of "Great informers" based on "Info" ratings)

3) Same thing with trophies. Would be GREAT than someone wins a trophy with 100 "Funny" rattings

Hi Dark. I'm using your add-on and is awesome.

Can we make permissions per rating based?

1) For example, only specific group rating. If i'm a moderator, we can rate the "Great Guy" rating. Only moderators can rate this and viewable for public, registered users can't rate this specific rate.

2) Also, some way to promote user with only one rate based promotion instead only positive points? ( For example, group of "Great informers" based on "Info" ratings)

3) Same thing with trophies. Would be GREAT than someone wins a trophy with 100 "Funny" rattings

1 and 3 are possible though could affect performance, 2 is planned

Help me?
Undefined index: rating
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 36
  2. Dark_PostRating_ControllerPublic_Post->actionRate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gamer135/public_html/gamer/index.php at line 13

Is it possible for admin/moderator to remove ratings from posts?

A feature like that is planned, though I can't think of a non-cluttered way of doing the interface without just having a blanket 'remove all' link in the ratings list popup for a post.

Not sure what conditions you've got to cause that, but I've PM'd you a patch

Edit: Issue was another addon blocking hooks

A feature like that is planned, though I can't think of a non-cluttered way of doing the interface without just having a blanket 'remove all' link in the ratings list popup for a post.

Wouldn't be better to have a moderation icon in the ratings list that opens a popup where you can remove single ratings for the post?

Top Bottom