Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

i think i would ditch icons fullstop and run with pure text. i have always liked the high usability of pure text links rather than needing to hover and read text to see what some icons mean.

I am unable to purchase this from your site as it's not loading. The images on the first post are also not loading. Just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Dark, one of my members pointed out to me that in the visitors tab on the forum list where it show the number of likes, it only show the total number of likes received and not the total numbers of positive ratings received. Was that intentional or unintentionally left out?

Thanks

Dark, one of my members pointed out to me that in the visitors tab on the forum list where it show the number of likes, it only show the total number of likes received and not the total numbers of positive ratings received. Was that intentional or unintentionally left out?

Thanks

as DI already said, i think it will be corrected in next release ... i am waiting for it too :)

Overall, feedback for this mod on Admin Extra has been good. A couple of suggestions that have come to light are replacing the current mouseover to find out what each icon means with the tooltip system in use in other areas of XenForo and also what is the possibility of having categories for those people who want to have different sets of post rating options. :)

Overall, feedback for this mod on Admin Extra has been good. A couple of suggestions that have come to light are replacing the current mouseover to find out what each icon means with the tooltip system in use in other areas of XenForo and also what is the possibility of having categories for those people who want to have different sets of post rating options. :)

First one I have in my to-do list already, second is a possibility for the future

Very cool add on! I can see a lot of potential for it, although it's interesting to see how a few sites have had mixed feedback, especially with relation to the negative icons.

There's a few interesting articles out there on the psychology of why facebook has never integrated a dislike button. I guess a lot of it depends on your user base and the types of discussions as to how useful/controversial the negative icons are to the posts and threads.

I can definitely see myself integrating this into a future site, but perhaps with only additional positive/neutral options :)

Very cool add on! I can see a lot of potential for it, although it's interesting to see how a few sites have had mixed feedback, especially with relation to the negative icons.

There's a few interesting articles out there on the psychology of why facebook has never integrated a dislike button. I guess a lot of it depends on your user base and the types of discussions as to how useful/controversial the negative icons are to the posts and threads.

I can definitely see myself integrating this into a future site, but perhaps with only additional positive/neutral options :)
LOL The girls on my site love the neg ratings option.

Has anyone played with this and the criteria system? Doesn't seem to be working, I selected to give out a trophy if a member has 1.000 positive ratings, and made sure the cron job ran and my member still did not receive the trophy, can anyone confirm? Does it depend on any other cron entry other than "Update User Trophies"?

I see that this add-on can integrate with promotions — nice! However, is there a weighted / average / ratio rating for each user?

I want to reward users with promotions, but not if they are receiving too many negative ratings. It would be great if I could say something like "User positive to negative post ratings ratio is at least..."

Let me know. If not, I think it would make for a great suggestion / feature. Thanks!

Top Bottom