Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

It would be really cool if you can code another addon that shows something like in the profile page but shows like the posts with the most likes, most informative, agrees, or whatever.

Killer.

I'll have use for this one, I'm so happy it's officially out! Will purchase later today!

Awesome, Luke.
Are those icons sprite?

Spritesheet for the icons is planned for an update, though I expect not many will use the default ratings without at least some changes so it adds a bit of extra work for configuration

It would be really cool if you can code another addon that shows something like in the profile page but shows like the posts with the most likes, most informative, agrees, or whatever.

Had something like that on the back of my mind throughout development - planned for a future update or perhaps separate addon depending on how much work it takes.

Cor wow I like this!
Especially if it can cut the irritating rubbish posts of only a word or two. Great stuff.
The only thing I was worried about as I read through was whether I had to use the standard list of categories or was custom possible. You might consider a note on that near the start.

Please accept admiration not only on a great addon but beautifully clear description of its functions - not a common skill.

The only thing I was worried about as I read through was whether I had to use the standard list of categories or was custom possible. You might consider a note on that near the start.
Admin interface:

Easily list/add/remove/edit ratings to personalise the addon to your forum. As well as the rating name and icon, you can customise the order they are displayed in, disable legacy ratings without removing them entirely, choose whether they are considered 'positive', 'neutral' or 'negative' and restrict ratings to specific nodes within your forum.

Brogan I am sorry if I was not quite clear there. THe information is there just as you say but it appears quite late in the description. As I read all the lovely features I was becoming worried about the issue of customisation.
I was therefore suggesting that DI put a brief note "near the start."

Can i use this on a Shared Hosting too? Because my Hoster is monitoring the Servers, and i dont want to be kicked for high server load.

Very nice work DI. The only issue I have with this is x2 containers likes and your ratings containers cluttering a post up it might defeat the purpose of all the hard work that was put in with the nice clean likes implementation by xenforo otherwise excellent job especially with the documentation in the first post.

Very nice work DI. The only issue I have with this is x2 containers likes and your ratings containers cluttering a post up it might defeat the purpose of all the hard work that was put in with the nice clean likes implementation by xenforo otherwise excellent job especially with the documentation in the first post.

Yeah certainly not a setting I would recommend (default is the thumbs up rating for likes with the existing likes design hidden), but included for the sake of it - perhaps it will suit some forums out there (with css changes maybe).

Can i use this on a Shared Hosting too? Because my Hoster is monitoring the Servers, and i dont want to be kicked for high server load.

If you can run XenForo, you can run this mod :)

Cor wow I like this!
Especially if it can cut the irritating rubbish posts of only a word or two. Great stuff.

Please accept admiration not only on a great addon but beautifully clear description of its functions - not a common skill.

Thank you for the kind words - I have added the extra note as suggested :)

Top Bottom