Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Luke,
I got a few server errors in the format of
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 8996 - library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php:109
Generated By: Unknown Account, 50 minutes ago
Stack Trace​
#0 /forum/library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php(109): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home/andy/publ...', 109, Array)
#1 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): Dark_PostRating_ControllerPublic_Post->actionRatings()
#2 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Luke,
I got a few server errors in the format of
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 8996 - library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php:109
Generated By: Unknown Account, 50 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /forum/library/Dark/PostRating/ControllerPublic/Post.php(109): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home/andy/publ...', 109, Array)
#1 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): Dark_PostRating_ControllerPublic_Post->actionRatings()
#2 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Fixed for next update

Got this error after attempting to install it.

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'sprite_mode' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 141
  5. Dark_PostRating_Install->_installVersion1() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 63
  6. Dark_PostRating_Install::install()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/admin.php at line 13

If we're using this to replace the likes system altogether, would there be any reason to keep the 'Likes You've Received' page in the User CP?

It seems to be obsolete now. Unless I'm missing something, I guess I'm going to go ahead and get rid of it. :cautious:

Users are able to rate a post multiple times if they have the links handy or have multiple tabs/pages open with the same unrated post. Would you be able to fix this and perhaps add an option for X number of ratings allowed per user post post?

My sprites work though.

sprite3.jpg

sprites.jpg

sprites2.jpg

I'd wait for DI to suggest something.

I would note that neither Mike or Jake were able figure out what happened in the previous thread regarding upgrading 1.0.4 to 1.1.x.

Hi Dark, I'm getting following error when I try to install the addon:

Code:
Server Error

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 141
    Dark_PostRating_Install->_installVersion1() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 63
    Dark_PostRating_Install::install()
    call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Errors seem to come after the last Update.
People might want to hold off new installs of the last update until DarkImmortal drops by tomorrow.

Users are able to rate a post multiple times if they have the links handy or have multiple tabs/pages open with the same unrated post. Would you be able to fix this and perhaps add an option for X number of ratings allowed per user post post?

That's impossible, max one rating by user per post is enforced at the database level. Any extra ratings will replace their previous rating.

Allowing more than one rating per post by a single user would take quite a few changes and isn't too feasible right now

Got this error after attempting to install it.

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 141
  5. Dark_PostRating_Install->_installVersion1() in Dark/PostRating/Install.php at line 63
  6. Dark_PostRating_Install::install()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Apologies for that, I messed up the install code slightly so only upgrades would have worked on 1.0.1, not fresh installs.

I've released 1.0.2 to all existing customers, and of course it will be the package sent to new customers.

Those without this error have no need to update.

How about a simple like/don't like. Can we have a thumbs down?

Here is the icon for thumbs down from the same set:
9nss.png

If we're using this to replace the likes system altogether, would there be any reason to keep the 'Likes You've Received' page in the User CP?

It seems to be obsolete now. Unless I'm missing something, I guess I'm going to go ahead and get rid of it. :cautious:

I wasn't actually aware of that page, not sure how I missed it! That will become 'Ratings you've received' in the next update :)

That's impossible, max one rating by user per post is enforced at the database level. Any extra ratings will replace their previous rating.

Allowing more than one rating per post by a single user would take quite a few changes and isn't too feasible right now.
multiple.webp

Other users have tested it as well, one of which actually brought it to my attention.

Top Bottom