Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I am still waiting for my email... Considering a chargeback, as this is not fair. It says automatic email, I still do not have one.

Even though there hasn't been an update since almost a year, i have a feature request (and i would pay for it).

What about to have an option for a new rating, that if checked only the starter of a thread could give that rating to others. Of course this would be the same as "best answer" AddOn, but in my opinion it would be much better to combine it with the post ratings. :)

I am still waiting for my email... Considering a chargeback, as this is not fair. It says automatic email, I still do not have one.

Did you ever get that? I wonder if it's working ok. This is what I was looking for, but I don't want to throw money into the nether :/

Can anyone help is there a website for this or anything. I have it but accidentally removed some files while removing tiaga chat so now the post ratings don't work. I am running 1.7.5. Have messaged @Luke F but need to fix this ASAP

I'm getting a lot of AdminCP errors since updating to the latest Tapatalk. Have opened a support ticket with Tapatalk but figured I'd ask here too since the errors seem to also be related to this addon.

Example:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: json_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given - library/Dark/PostRating/Model/Post.php:86
Generated By: Django, Today at 11:30 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'json_decode() e...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 86, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/library/Dark/PostRating/Model/Post.php(86): json_decode(Array, true)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mbqClass/lib/read/MbqRdEtForumPost.php(430): Dark_PostRating_Model_Post->preparePost(Array, Array, Array, Array)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mbqClass/lib/read/MbqRdEtForumPost.php(347): MbqRdEtForumPost->initOMbqEtForumPost(Array, Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mbqFrame/mbqBaseAction/MbqBaseActGetThreadByPost.php(41): MbqRdEtForumPost->initOMbqEtForumPost('925568', Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mbqAction/MbqActGetThreadByPost.php(20): MbqBaseActGetThreadByPost->actionImplement(Object(stdClass))
#6 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mobiquoCommon.php(101): MbqActGetThreadByPost->actionImplement(Object(stdClass))
#7 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mobiquo.php(37): MbqMain::action()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "https://www.mu-43.com/mobiquo.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(1) {
    ["TapatalkParamsLog"] => array(4) {
      [0] => string(6) "925568"
      [1] => int(20)
      [2] => bool(true)
      ["useragent"] => string(40) "Mozilla/5.0 Firefox/3.5.6 Mu-43/21000004"
    }
  }
}

Since the author hasn't addressed multiple questions about making ratings anonymized, is there anyone interested in chipping in with us to have that functionality added by a developer?

making ratings anonymized
Shouldn't it be possible by modifying the templates? I haven't checked whether the template is available to modify though. If it is, then it should be as simple as adding some template conditionals to limit the username display to staffs only.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the ratings alert will also display username, so it may require more than template modifications.

I'm getting a lot of AdminCP errors since updating to the latest Tapatalk. Have opened a support ticket with Tapatalk but figured I'd ask here too since the errors seem to also be related to this addon.

Example:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: json_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given - library/Dark/PostRating/Model/Post.php:86
Generated By: Django, Today at 11:30 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'json_decode() e...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 86, Array)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/library/Dark/PostRating/Model/Post.php(86): json_decode(Array, true)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mbqClass/lib/read/MbqRdEtForumPost.php(430): Dark_PostRating_Model_Post->preparePost(Array, Array, Array, Array)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mbqClass/lib/read/MbqRdEtForumPost.php(347): MbqRdEtForumPost->initOMbqEtForumPost(Array, Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mbqFrame/mbqBaseAction/MbqBaseActGetThreadByPost.php(41): MbqRdEtForumPost->initOMbqEtForumPost('925568', Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mbqAction/MbqActGetThreadByPost.php(20): MbqBaseActGetThreadByPost->actionImplement(Object(stdClass))
#6 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mobiquoCommon.php(101): MbqActGetThreadByPost->actionImplement(Object(stdClass))
#7 /home/nginx/domains/mu-43.com/public/mobiquo/mobiquo.php(37): MbqMain::action()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "https://www.mu-43.com/mobiquo.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(1) {
    ["TapatalkParamsLog"] => array(4) {
      [0] => string(6) "925568"
      [1] => int(20)
      [2] => bool(true)
      ["useragent"] => string(40) "Mozilla/5.0 Firefox/3.5.6 Mu-43/21000004"
    }
  }
}

If anyone else has this issue, see this: https://support.tapatalk.com/thread...king-when-post-rating-plugin-installed.33920/

Shouldn't it be possible by modifying the templates? I haven't checked whether the template is available to modify though. If it is, then it should be as simple as adding some template conditionals to limit the username display to staffs only.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the ratings alert will also display username, so it may require more than template modifications.

Well, we are all ears if anyone has the desire and/or ability. About three years ago @Luke F mentioned that he was considering adding it as a feature, but we've decided not to turn it on until we have that (we did buy it however). There's just too much potential for fights and bad energy if negative ratings can't be masked. We used to have negative ratings with VB but they were anonymous, and 99.99% came with no fights or witch hunts or hard feelings.

Tagging @Adrian Schneider because he helped us with another plug-in.

Top Bottom