Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Yes.. bu same result..

likes.png

Is there a way to disable Post Rating activities in Recent Activity tab?
Because members will know who clicked what if they opened the member's profile.

+ Is it possible to remove all likes in the xenforo built-in likes system?
it is really making a trouble for me.

Thank you.

Is there a way to disable Post Rating activities in Recent Activity tab?
Because members will know who clicked what if they opened the member's profile.

+ Is it possible to remove all likes in the xenforo built-in likes system?
it is really making a trouble for me.

Thank you.

Untick 'Enable news feed integration'

And you can move XF likes to ratings by following these instructions: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...the-next-level-paid.28475/page-23#post-344980

Keep in mind it is difficult to reverse without a backup, and it will make other forms of likes useless (such as tapatalk, profile posts, etc.)

Thank you, Luke. You are amazing!
I have one more question and that's it.

I did not do the moving part because I did resolve my problem although the results are not accurate (XF likes are added to the total rating making it not accurate).
If there is away to do the subtraction (Total likes rating - XF likes), that would be very helpful! I would prefer to do the subtraction rather than removing or moving them. (Maybe I do the subtraction, then set like_count in xf_user to zero for all users? then recount?)**

[edit] ** I concluded that setting like_count to zero will do the subtraction!, should I proceed?

However, even if this is not possible, I am ok with the current result.
My main question is that XF like (Received likes) is appearing in user message info (the left of the post), while I want to show your add-on's count, instead.

If I did it appropriately from the beginning , it would not do any of this headache, so I really apologize to you.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you, Luke. You are amazing!
I have one more question and that's it.

I did not do the moving part because I did resolve my problem although the results are not accurate (XF likes are added to the total rating making it not accurate).
If there is away to do the subtraction (Total likes rating - XF likes), that would be very helpful! I would prefer to do the subtraction rather than removing or moving them. (Maybe I do the subtraction, then set like_count in xf_user to zero for all users? then recount?)**

[edit] ** I concluded that setting like_count to zero will do the subtraction!, should I proceed?

However, even if this is not possible, I am ok with the current result.
My main question is that XF like (Received likes) is appearing in user message info (the left of the post), while I want to show your add-on's count, instead.

If I did it appropriately from the beginning , it would not do any of this headache, so I really apologize to you.

Thank you.

Never mind....found it under Style Property-default style-Style properties - message elements. Hopefully helpful to any other newbie like me!

^ Worked perfectly fine. Thank you again.

How can i remove the extra post rating text, it seems to display twice? i have highlighted the part i wish to remove below.

Attachments

• post raiting.webp
    post raiting.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 21
Hey there! I was wondering if there was a possibility that you could add a "Remove Ratings Given" and even a "Remove User Ratings" feature in the Admin Panel when editing a user? I have some users that make alternate accounts to boost ratings, and this would come in very handy!

Just installed Post Ratings 1.7.5 right now and got this problem?..
Everything works fine just the images wont display?

Image of what I mean - http://i.imgur.com/eRYEeEM.png

The blue boxes is me hovering over all the post ratings.

Apologies for the late reply, make sure the styles/dark folder is uploaded correctly as it contains the rating images, and also try setting the option 'Input bar minimum opacity' to '1'

Failing that can you send me a link to where it occurs and a test account?

Is the author still around? Bought the add-on roughly 22 hours ago but still haven't received any email about how to download.

UPDATE: I kinda forgotten to check my Spam folder. It was there all along apparently, lol..

Last edited:
@Luke F I can't seem to get this working with User Group Promotions. I tried making a promotion with criteria as follow: user state is valid, user has been registered for at least 2 days and user has at least 1 positive rating. Then I rebuilt User Group Promotions from the Rebuild Caches menu in Admin CP. After that I tried searching for any user which had gotten the promotion, but none was found. Then I tried disabling "user has at least 1 positive rating" criteria and rebuilt the User Group Promotions again, then I could see that hundreds of users had gotten the promotion. I had also made sure to recount the Post Ratings with the tool in admin.php?postrating/recount, but the promotion still wouldn't work.

Ps. Nobody might have used the ratings yet, but there were existing XF Likes which should have been counted as positive ratings.

Back
Top Bottom