Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

If you private message him you'll more likely get a response. I did this to get updated files and he sent them through.

Ray

Hi @Luke F. I still have an issue with PR count. I guess it connected with positive|neutral|negative ratings which have been changed some time ago when PR Likes become neutral. Now looks like neutral ratings (likes) count like positive and otherwise. Could you help me to fix this? Recount didn't help. Maybe I should run a query for database? Tell me please what exactly should I do?
Here're an examples of an issue:

Attachments

• PR_ex_1.webp
    PR_ex_1.webp
    81.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PR_ex_2.webp
    PR_ex_2.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 12
I purchased the theme house one but the import of the existing Likes from Luke's one is completely stuffed up. The only reason why I got the TH one is my users have always been complaining that when swiping up and down on a mobile device they would accidentally hit a like. With the TH one that doesn't happen.

However, because of the stuffed up import I am going to have a look at @Xon one and see if that one can overcome the swipe problem. This type of addon is an absolute must on my site

I've made the move from this to @Xon's Content Rating. The theme house one is very pretty, but I prefer the more compact pop up box so you can get a larger selection of possible ratings in a small space. It also feels closer to the direction the likes of slack, trello, discord are going, vs say facebook.

Thanks for the info. I've been holding off upgrading to 2.0 because I'm waiting on this addon to be updated, but I don't want to wait any longer as I suspect there are some great addons out specifically for 2.0 now (I haven't looked) — I will have to drop Post Ratings I think.

I will have to drop Post Ratings I think.
I held out upgrading to XF2 for this reason as well, but in the end I felt that the benefits of upgrading outweighed the need to rely on PR. I haven't seen any drop off in member participation as a result.

I held out upgrading to XF2 for this reason as well, but in the end I felt that the benefits of upgrading outweighed the need to rely on PR. I haven't seen any drop off in member participation as a result.
Did you find another option to replace PR?

The other issue is the theme I'm using. The developer has no version 2 of it and version 1 is no longer listed on their site. Oh well.

As you can see here, the Ratings info and colored bar appears in the dark style but not on the light style of the forum and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

36INYUO.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that probably is the case but I cannot find that option to tick it.

Appearance > Style Properties > [TH] Reactions > XXX

All options you need should be right there, including positioning, which type you want (such as that bar you want displayed), etc.

Enjoy!

Appearance > Style Properties > [TH] Reactions > XXX

All options you need should be right there, including positioning, which type you want (such as that bar you want displayed), etc.

Enjoy!
Thanks but I don't have [TH] Reactions as an option.

Top Bottom