Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

I have gone for the fly out one, not the xon one, as my users have always complained about accidentally hitting a like when scrolling on a phone or tablet. The fly out one means this won't happen any more
It is just a style properly for changing the menu type (3 menu types) with my Content Rating add-on

I think the “fly out one” wastes too much space on mobile with the giant icon. I like the was Xon’s uses the xf like button (or whatever you choose since it’s highly customizable ).

Reactions: Xon
Hello, I'm having an issue when trying to load forums/members/?type=positive_ratings it's re-directing me back to /forums/members/ but keeping the forums/members/?type=positive_ratings link, I've tried re-installing the Core files, and updating the plugin internally, I haven't tried a full uninstall/reinstall yet, as I'm not sure if it will reset all the likes etc. We have zero Server Log Errors etc.
Anyone able to help?

There are already two implementation of reactions/ratings for XF2. It would be nice if @Luke F clarified if he intends to release a 3rd implementation or what.
When he refuses to give out any information about an XF 2.x version of this add-on we should just search elsewhere. I have already bought ThemeHouse's excellent Reactions add-on, and that's a developer who always excels in feedback on any questions.

I purchased the theme house one but the import of the existing Likes from Luke's one is completely stuffed up. The only reason why I got the TH one is my users have always been complaining that when swiping up and down on a mobile device they would accidentally hit a like. With the TH one that doesn't happen.

However, because of the stuffed up import I am going to have a look at @Xon one and see if that one can overcome the swipe problem. This type of addon is an absolute must on my site

I've made the move from this to @Xon's Content Rating. The theme house one is very pretty, but I prefer the more compact pop up box so you can get a larger selection of possible ratings in a small space. It also feels closer to the direction the likes of slack, trello, discord are going, vs say facebook.

I have dropped the Theme House one and installed the @Xon one and must say it is much better plus ALL the Likes from Luke's one (this one) imported correctly and my users are happy again. So I am recommending that users of Post-Ratings go for the Xon one if you need to get going now and can't wait for Luke to update his

Last edited:
I have dropped the Theme House one and installed the @Xon one and must say it is much better plus ALL the Likes from Luke's one (this one) imported correctly and my users are happy again. So I am recommending that users of Post-Ratings go for the Xon one if you need to get going now and can't wait for Luke to update his
Should have taken my advice here: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...g-likes-to-the-next-level-paid.28475/page-170 Glad to see you made the right move in the end. (y) I was very hesitate to make the move too. But in the end it was well worth it. Thanks @Xon

Reactions: Xon
Maybe I will give the Xon one a chance :) thanks for the feedback!

@Luke F there is a problem about phrases. If you change a phrase with other phrase in a foreign language, it will show up in the list of outdated phrases in AdminCP. it's possible to fix that issue? You know that not everyone uses their forums as English. There are so many different people and different language in the world.

2018-03-13 13.09.56.webp

Note that there is a problem about JavaScript files. Just have a look at that inside the add-on /js folder and you'll see that JavaScript files as .txt format. Also, JavaScript files are not minified and this could have some performance negatives. That's why you should compress JavaScript files.

Last edited:
Top Bottom