XF 2.1 Post Quotes and 404 Error's

Alfuzzy

Hello. Been working on reducing/eliminating 404 error's on the site...and I'm finding in many thread post quotes where a member has been banned...the link in the quote is generating a 404 error.

Here are a couple screenshots to help explain:

• screenshot of original quote in the thread.
  • Circled portion is a link in the quote...if it's clicked on...you get the "Oops! We ran into some problems." page.
  • If the link is hovered over with the mouse cursor...can see the link URL as:

Also the forum member "lenco12" must have been banned at some point (confirmed when checking in the Admin area).

quote 1.png

* If the "Edit" button for the post is clicked on...here's what things look like:

quote 2.png

Correct thread post quotes that don't generate a 404 error of course look like this:

* https://www.example.com/goto/post?id=13489 * (mouse cursor hover over)

and/or:

I'm guessing from screenshot #2...it's the "0" reference that's causing the 404 error. I have quite a few of these to fix...and was wondering what's causing this? Is it related to the member being banned...or something else?

Thanks

p.s. Seems to happen primarily with banned members (maybe 80-90% of the time)...but I've spotted cases with regular/active members too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom