• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Post order

Eliteoomph

Hey guys I am looking for an addon/mod that would allow the Admin to edit the order of post permanently.

Ex: I added a post in a location category that contained all the US states... Because I did not add them backwards all the post appeared from Z-A. I would like an addon that could change the order from A-Z or by date (Accending,Decending etc).

I keep thinking this has to be around somewhere but I have not been able to find it.

Ingenious had this response:

I'm not a licenced holder so cannot reply directly to Eliteoomph's post about getting the thread order to list alphabetically. It occurred to me there might be a simple way of doing this.

When you change the order of posts to A-Z by the title, "?order=title" is added to the URL.

So is it not possible with a template edit in the forum view page, to add a conditional to just after the link to the forum's thread view, if forum ID = X add "?order=title" to the link? Where X is the forum you want the default listing to be A-Z? Or add "?order=title&direction=asc" for the other direction?

Ingenious had this response:

I'm not a licenced holder so cannot reply directly to Eliteoomph's post about getting the thread order to list alphabetically. It occurred to me there might be a simple way of doing this.

When you change the order of posts to A-Z by the title, "?order=title" is added to the URL.

So is it not possible with a template edit in the forum view page, to add a conditional to just after the link to the forum's thread view, if forum ID = X add "?order=title" to the link? Where X is the forum you want the default listing to be A-Z? Or add "?order=title&direction=asc" for the other direction?
That should be possible, yes.

Top Bottom