1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Post order

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by Eliteoomph, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Eliteoomph

Eliteoomph Member

Hey guys I am looking for an addon/mod that would allow the Admin to edit the order of post permanently.

Ex: I added a post in a location category that contained all the US states... Because I did not add them backwards all the post appeared from Z-A. I would like an addon that could change the order from A-Z or by date (Accending,Decending etc).

I keep thinking this has to be around somewhere but I have not been able to find it.

2. Eliteoomph

Eliteoomph Member

Ingenious had this response:

I'm not a licenced holder so cannot reply directly to Eliteoomph's post about getting the thread order to list alphabetically. It occurred to me there might be a simple way of doing this.

When you change the order of posts to A-Z by the title, "?order=title" is added to the URL.

So is it not possible with a template edit in the forum view page, to add a conditional to just after the link to the forum's thread view, if forum ID = X add "?order=title" to the link? Where X is the forum you want the default listing to be A-Z? Or add "?order=title&direction=asc" for the other direction?

3. Eliteoomph

Eliteoomph Member

anyone have any thoughts on this?

4. James

James Well-Known Member

That should be possible, yes.