Add-on Post one thread into multiple forums

Trover

The ability to post one thread into multiple forums would give much more versatility to xenforo.

When a user posts a thread, he or she would be given an input field to specify what forums the post would be included in. If anyone would be interested in developing this, or thinks it's a good idea, send me a PM or post here.

Are you talking about phantom threads?
Where a reply to one will show up in the others?
If so then it should be a moderator action and not a user one.
A problem arrises when you have different moderators assigned to the multiple forums the thread is displayed in.
Who has the actual moderation rights and how would the other moderators feel about a thread in their forum that they cannot control?

Are you talking about phantom threads?
Where a reply to one will show up in the others?
If so then it should be a moderator action and not a user one.
A problem arrises when you have different moderators assigned to the multiple forums the thread is displayed in.
Who has the actual moderation rights and how would the other moderators feel about a thread in their forum that they cannot control?

I was thinking more of a system that would create links in all of the respective forums and keep the original thread in a "main" forum. Moderators of the various forums could delete the link, but only moderators of the main forum would be able to edit the thread etc.

A thread needs to have one parent forum that sets the permissions. I don't think its possible to change that.
But I do think its still possible to make an thread visible in multiple forums. This would be really useful for threads that belong in multiple forums.

It would be ugly to do this on a thread level. From every aspect. UI, permissions, etc. I would suggest a node option for that so that all threads in a node could be displayed in other nodes.

Top Bottom